Thread: What The Hell

got another stick of pc3200 and sold my pc2700 stick. so now i have 2x256 of pc3200 (same brand). before i had my pc 3200 and 2700 ram overclocked and running dual channel and everything worked perfect. this is on the NF7-S rev 2.

now when i put in the new stick alone it works fine. then i put it in with the old stick and i get long beeps during the post (old stick also works fine alone). before i could get both sticks to work at the same time but any overclock at all would f*ck it up and i would get the POST beeps. now i can't even get into windows with both sticks.

if i updated the bios would that maybe fix the problem?
    voltages and everything is good. ram is in right ect...
    cpu is 2800+ barton

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Just curious...but you do know that the NF7-S works best with the ram inserted into slot three and then 2, then 1?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Sasage@3 August 2004 - 15:26
    Just curious...but you do know that the NF7-S works best with the ram inserted into slot three and then 2, then 1?
    yes, i'm running 256 now in slot 3, then for dual channel i put it in slot 2 and 3 ect...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    What type of PC3200 RAM are they? Do they have the same model number right on the RAM chips themselves?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    its infineon. no i'm quite sure the numbers on the ram are different but that shouldn't matter should it?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    If you didn't get exactly the same model, you might as well have got a different manufacturer.

Loosen the ram timings a little, then see what happens.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by lynx@4 August 2004 - 13:31
    If you didn't get exactly the same model, you might as well have got a different manufacturer.

Yea...you need a reoputable brand and the same type.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Sasage+4 August 2004 - 15:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sasage @ 4 August 2004 - 15:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lynx@4 August 2004 - 13:31
    If you didn&#39;t get exactly the same model, you might as well have got a different manufacturer.

Yea...you need a reoputable brand and the same type. [/b][/quote]
    Before he was using two stick of different brand, as well as different speeds with no problems whatsoever. So I doubt what you say is true at all.
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    your new stick could be bad. do a stress test on ur memory. memtest88 or something like that is good.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.