Thread: Logitech Z-640 Power Button Problem

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I recently bought this product a few weeks ago and I noticed it worked fine. Since the last week or so, the power button has been giving me slight problems, such as having to press it two-three times to get it to stay in and keep the speakers turned on. Now it's at the point were it refuses to even turn on unless I hold it down. How can I resolve this?

btw
    I already contacted they're tech support, but thought I'd let you guys know also. Still waiting on their reply.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    since the switch is mechanical, i would bet that said switch is failling.
    (something that is entirely possible)

it should still be under warranty. (typically its 90 days labor/1 year parts)

3 options at this point:

1. contact the place you bought them from and ask about their return policy. they may exchange them for you. (easiest)

2. contact the mfg. do what they tell you to do. (probably shipping them somewhere)

3. throw them away and by a new set.

finally, you do still have the receipt don't ya? (otherwise,you may have problems doing #1 or 2)

regards,

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I have the same speakers and have similar problem. Well, I am not at the point where I cant turn the power, but I always press 2 times in a row in order to switch on/off. I thought that was normal....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hey, I found a solution!!

Push the button in, whilst keeping it pressed..move your thumb upward and off the button. (eventually you will be able to do it quick from habbit)

For some reason, after I did this.. it has been working great. I even tried it over and over and it's the only method that works!

Heh, it might require an extra step to turn on, but it's liveable.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    cool. you got to like it when it's something simple...