Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Engineers Kazaa Lite And Where Can I Sign Up?

Who are the software developers who are making the Lite and K++ versions of kazaa, and how can I get involved?

There are some critical features missing from KL and I'm confident I could fix them myself in about 2 hours if given access to the source code, but I have yet to find where any of that is available. With so many versions, clones, and different code branches out there I know the source must be floating around pretty freely, but I can't seem to get my hands on it.

If I can't get involved in the actual KL development, I have noticed that K++ supports plug-in modules, though I have not been able to find any relevant information on how to make a plug-in. Is there an SDK or some kind of spec for how a K++ plugin has to be created?

The critical features I think kazaa is missing include:
    1) the ability to sort videos by artist the way you can with audio files
    2) you should be able to cancel more than one download at a time if you select a whole bunch of them

I have more feature ideas and gripes than that, but those are the key issues that I know would require <2 hours of programming work.

Anyway... anyone know how I can get involved in the KL/K++ software development?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    K++ is a closed project. Finito. KHancer used in K-Lite 2.6 is under development. Ask Lite or FTFakes (use User Search to find them) for the code. And there&#39;s no SDK.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by Ris@4 August 2004 - 06:57

2) you should be able to cancel more than one download at a time if you select a whole bunch of them

I agree and have always found it perplexing that you can only cancel one file at a time - we should be able to highlight a bunch of them at once and do it

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Woohoo&#33; Thanks, thats just the kind of info I was looking for

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by zepher+4 August 2004 - 13:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (zepher &#064; 4 August 2004 - 13:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ris@4 August 2004 - 06:57

I agree and have always found it perplexing that you can only cancel one file at a time - we should be able to highlight a bunch of them at once and do it [/b][/quote]
    it&#39;s already implented both in K++ and KHancer (Multiple Selection Action or sth like that)

@Ris No problem. Additional developers are always a good thing.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by Autumn Fox@4 August 2004 - 13:46
    it&#39;s already implented both in K++ and KHancer (Multiple Selection Action or sth like that)
    I just updated to nsanes 2453 yesterday from the old 007

I have it on now and I still cannot highlight more than one line at a time?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Really? Which version of K++ allows multiple download canceling? I have kazaa lite 2.4.3 and I can&#39;t select more than one download at a time - the download list only allows for a single selection at a time. I just downloaded 2.6 from kazaa but haven&#39;t installed it yet. Does it have this feature?

Well hey, if that&#39;s already done, then great&#33; I&#39;d still like to help out though. I emailed FTFakes and posted another message along these lines over on the KLite 2.6 development board.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    K++ version 0.57a should have Multiple Selection Action. In Traffic rightclick a download and from the menu pick it. In the opened window hold shift and highlight the downloads you want to resume, pause, cancel etc.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by Autumn Fox@4 August 2004 - 14:48
    K++ version 0.57a should have Multiple Selection Action. In Traffic rightclick a download and from the menu pick it. In the opened window hold shift and highlight the downloads you want to resume, pause, cancel etc.
    Autum Fox,
    What version do you have?
    Does your version allow you to do multiple selections?
    Please explain what you mean above by K++ version 0.57a then?

I have the nsane version 2.4.5.3 ..dosen&#39;t that use .057a

Looking in my AboutBox says:
    Kazaa Lite K++ v2.4.5.3
    July 29th 2004
    K L Extensions v0.57a

..and I can nOt do any multiple selection actions.

..Does Anyone have a version that they can? ..and what version is it please?

Thanks All,
    zeph

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    You can try http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/

and help with the development with that...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast