Thread: Multi-canal Satellite Connexion Software

leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Hi!

My neighbour has got a pirated satelite connexion to lots of greats channels. He would be agree to share it with me, if only he had that kind of software wich would allow me to switch channels when I want ( Otherwise I would have to watch the channel my neighbourg is watching at the same moment).

We both have Microsoft Windows & we don't wan't to switch to Linux.

Actualy, the problem is the softwares my neighbourg knows are either working exclusively with Linux ( Like "VideoLan server" & "VDR Live"), or are "mono-canal" instead of "multi-canal" ( Like "My theater", & "prog DVD" ).

And last precision: We live in France. (I don't knows if it changes anything )

Thanks for your help.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    The problem you would have is that the channel is selected on the LNB, which is on the satellite dish. Normally these can only receive one channel at a time, so you have no choice but to watch your neighbours selection.

It is possible to get LNB's which have more than one reception connector, but they aren't cheap and your neighbour would have to agree to have it installed, plus get a multichannel receiver or an extra wire from his dish to your house.

Where you live doesn't change anything (apart from the range of channels available), the technology is the same worldwide.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by lynx@4 August 2004 - 17:09
    The problem you would have is that the channel is selected on the LNB, which is on the satellite dish. Normally these can only receive one channel at a time, so you have no choice but to watch your neighbours selection.

It is possible to get LNB's which have more than one reception connector, but they aren't cheap and your neighbour would have to agree to have it installed, plus get a multichannel receiver or an extra wire from his dish to your house.

Where you live doesn't change anything (apart from the range of channels available), the technology is the same worldwide.
    are you sure?

i know if i designed it, it would have all channels (and noise) being picked up and all the raw data sent to the box, then it would be seperated and decrypted in the boxes software.

i dont know shit about it though
    <span style='color:black'>websites that are actually good</span>
    http://www.sputnik7.com - music videos &amp; short films &amp; anime
    http://www.atomfilms.com - more short films
    http://www.howstuffworks.com - learning can be fun
    http://www.caedes.net - probably the best wallpapers on the net

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    countuning from https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=120267

no just a parabola with a pci satelite card....

i thought videolan server runs on windows as well.....

r u sure?

My neigbourg told me it didn&#39;t....

1. Yes Videolan runs on windows too...

2. What software are you using? And what network are you watching anyways? This sounds interesting.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by MicroScreen2+4 August 2004 - 13:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MicroScreen2 @ 4 August 2004 - 13:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lynx@4 August 2004 - 17:09

It is possible to get LNB&#39;s which have more than one reception connector, but they aren&#39;t cheap and your neighbour would have to agree to have it installed, plus get a multichannel receiver or an extra wire from his dish to your house.

Where you live doesn&#39;t change anything (apart from the range of channels available), the technology is the same worldwide.
    are you sure?

i know if i designed it, it would have all channels (and noise) being picked up and all the raw data sent to the box, then it would be seperated and decrypted in the boxes software.

i dont know shit about it though [/b][/quote]
    You can try to get a Two way splitter

Image Resized
    http://www.techweenies.com/images/DSS/DSS_Dish_013.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'></a>

Then get another PCI recever....

For people that don`t know: LNB

Image Resized
    [img]http://www.techweenies.com/images/DSS/DSS_Dish_017.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

oh ya check <a href='http://www.techweenies.com/dss-1.shtml]this out. now thats crazy. B)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by MicroScreen2+4 August 2004 - 18:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MicroScreen2 @ 4 August 2004 - 18:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lynx@4 August 2004 - 17:09

It is possible to get LNB&#39;s which have more than one reception connector, but they aren&#39;t cheap and your neighbour would have to agree to have it installed, plus get a multichannel receiver or an extra wire from his dish to your house.

Where you live doesn&#39;t change anything (apart from the range of channels available), the technology is the same worldwide.
    are you sure?

i dont know shit about it though [/b][/quote]
    You can do that, and for community systems that is exactly what they do. But is is hellish expensive, which rather defeats the purpose of the exercise.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    I always thought the LNB picked up everything then sent it to the box and it was the box which filtered out the chanel you wanted to watch.

That just seems to make more sense to me. But like the man said, I know shit about this as well.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Sorry, I mis-explained.

An LNB convets a "block" of signals to a different frequency and sends that to the receiver. But many LNBs are now capable of receiving a number of different blocks of frequencies, but usually only one block at a time. There are also horizontal and vertical bands, and the LNB will only receive one or the other at any one time.

So if the channel you want to receive happens to be in the same block and have the same orientation as the channel your "sharer" is watching there&#39;s no problem, otherwise you don&#39;t get anything.

Some newer LNBs have multiple outputs and can receive multiple bands or blocks at the same time, one on each output. But they will still only receive horizontal or vertical in each band at any one time. The solution to this is to have 2 LNB&#39;s, and set one to always receive the vertical signals and the other to receive the horizontal signals. You can then use the signal which would normally tell the LNB to use horizontal or vertical to operate a switch to connect you to the right LNB.

I still reckon it is going to work out very expensive though.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Duh! In The Playboy Mansion - Where Else? :P
    Isnt pirated satillite channels illegal, anyway make sure that you dont tell people and you shouldnt be detected.

Sorry if off topic.