Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

  1. #1
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    7,763
    I hate my ISP!

    I've missed the anniversary date of the contract by two fecking days, so they renewed it and now I'm stuck with this piece of shit for twelve more months!

  2. Lounge   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13,671
    Waddya mean "missed the aniversarrY" ?
    to pay the bill or to ?

    Dont get it
    if you have a one yr contract you have a one year contract unless you agree

    ?

  3. Lounge   -   #3
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    7,763
    Originally posted by Zedaxax@4 August 2004 - 15:40
    Waddya mean "missed the aniversarrY" ?
    to pay the bill or to ?

    Dont get it
    if you have a one yr contract you have a one year contract unless you agree

    ?
    You've got a one year contract and if you don't end it they renew it automatically for one more year! (I curse the day some bastard invented fine print on contracts&#33

    I've spent one delicious hour trying to talk to them but it's like trying to talk with a wall...

  4. Lounge   -   #4
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13,671
    sounds like total Frustration
    Send them a letter
    they like Beaurocracy (add complaints about them anything u can find) say you where on holiday etc -

  5. Lounge   -   #5
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    7,763
    I've phoned them today... The only ways to end this (without paying a large sum of money&#33 are:

    1) Severely breaking their rules, and getting kicked out (and as someone who has been sharing files like mad for a year, I don't know what "severe" means to them! )

    or

    2) A full-scale thermonuclear war

  6. Lounge   -   #6
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Age
    94
    Posts
    7,783
    I hate my isp too.

    I just sent them a letter to end my contract.

    Since it initially started 1-10, i said: end it by 1-10-2004.

    Got a letter back they will end it by may next year, since my contract was

    renewed, due to my downgrade(a forced one since i only can get adsl-lite here).

    Since i never signed or gave an order to dowgrade, it is not valid.

    They will bleed for this!!!


    Yogi

  7. Lounge   -   #7
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    7,763
    Originally posted by SensualBarfing@4 August 2004 - 15:57
    I hate my isp too.

    I just sent them a letter to end my contract.

    Since it initially started 1-10, i said: end it by 1-10-2004.

    Got a letter back they will end it by may next year, since my contract was

    renewed, due to my downgrade(a forced one since i only can get adsl-lite here).

    Since i never signed or gave an order to dowgrade, it is not valid.

    They will bleed for this!!!


    Yogi
    You sure?

    Check the fine print on your contract! You might have, just as I did back then, unknowingly sold your sold to Mamon, arch-demon of greed!

  8. Lounge   -   #8
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13,671
    Send a letter o f misunderstanding

    Dear ISP,
    Thank you for your 1 yr deal, even though you guyz went offline quit alot and your support service was constantly occupied.
    I am no longer able to buy Bread and must cancel you cause my children are starving,.
    ciao
    Dud

  9. Lounge   -   #9
    lynx's Avatar .
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,810
    Automatic renewal of a fixed period contract is illegal in th EU. They can enforce a rolling contract with a cancellation period (often 1 month). Anything else is classed as unfair contract terms and is not enforceable.

    There are exceptions to this, such as if you get a reduced price for having the service for a longer term, but the worst they can do is make you pay the higher rate. Just send them a letter telling them you are terminating the contract, giving them a month's notice. After that simply stop paying them.
    .
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

  10. Lounge   -   #10
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    7,763
    Originally posted by lynx@4 August 2004 - 17:25
    Automatic renewal of a fixed period contract is illegal in th EU. They can enforce a rolling contract with a cancellation period (often 1 month). Anything else is classed as unfair contract terms and is not enforceable.

    There are exceptions to this, such as if you get a reduced price for having the service for a longer term, but the worst they can do is make you pay the higher rate. Just send them a letter telling them you are terminating the contract, giving them a month's notice. After that simply stop paying them.
    So if I go to the local custommer's association with my contract, they won't laugh at me but actually help me rip my ISP another (virtual) asshole?

    I think A wOOOOt is in order!


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •