Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Ntl Increased Its Speeds

hi, a short while back telewest b/b had increased their speeds for free and ntl said they would do the same, i was wondering does anyone know anything about that?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Poster
    I think they said late summer?

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Yes that's right they said late summer. Not sure whether it means late August or early September sometime, they weren't precise in their press release. Anyway, my 150k is still 150k.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Poster

NTL Broadband Speed Hike Rumours

HERENTL has been planning to increase the speed of its broadband services (Telewest style - 150K to 300K, 600K to 750K and 1Mb to 1.5Mb) for sometime now, yet new rumours have suggested possible dates.

Most of the rumours and sources seem to have settled on the upgrades being started for 1st August 2004 (Stand alone Cable Modem users) and going in phases (one speed increase at a time), with set-top-box (STB) users getting their improvement for early September.

Either way, take all this with a pinch of salt until we have something official.
    http://www.ispreview.co.uk/cgi-bin/news/vi...AlZZkuFpKlpEbJh

I've had a letter saying I need a new box because the one I have can't handle above 1 meg, still waiting for the second letter so they can bring it to me (Samsung box) I'am in Leeds.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    im on the 150k, and no speed increase for me yet, hopefully the speeds might be increased during July. cant wait for the 300k and we dont have to pay a single penny for the doubling of the bandwidth. B)

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    They said they would start increasing the speeds from 1 August. The exact date all depends what area you live in, and whether you use a set top box or a standalone cable modem to access the internet.

I have a standalone cable modem, and it seems that I've been done already! I managed to get a 1.27mb file in 35 seconds, and I was astonished that something like that could happen on my own computer. I did a speed test, and that confirmed the improvement has happened. Yes I am an easily excited person!!

Direction
    Actual Speed
    True Speed (estimated)

Downstream 281 Kbps (35.1 KB/sec) 303 Kbps (inc. overheads)
    Upstream 61 Kbps (7.6 KB/sec) 65 Kbps (inc. overheads)
    Last edited by Sparkle1984; 02-01-2009 at 08:38 PM.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Mine hasn't changed.....knowing my luck it will be Sept 2005 before ntl get round to doing anything round here!

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Poster
    You can check when yours will be upgraded here http://www.ntlworld.com/data-feeds/editori...ade/checker.php

Mine won't be upgraded til november

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    I've just noticed my speed has increased, downloading at 750k from newsgroups
    Robert00000

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by callum@2 August 2004 - 21:00
    You can check when yours will be upgraded here http://www.ntlworld.com/data-feeds/editori...ade/checker.php

Mine won't be upgraded til november
    thanks for that link.
    after typing in my postcode it says mine will upgrade during august...shall just have to wait until it is done then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast