Thread: Redirect On .wmv And .mpg

Recently when downloading some things on kazaa i went to play it and when it was playing it redirected my iternet explorer page that was already open to a different site . Im just curious as to how they did this in .wmv and .mpg files. Please reply

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    by putting a url in the metadata comments, with a special prefix, or by using DRM (in the case of wmv's)

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Could you possibly tell me how to do that? lol im not too bright with all the scientific mumbo jumbo

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    i don't think so, there are enough files with redirection embeded in them already, but thanks for asking.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Can somebody else tell me? lol I just want to know about the .mpeg one :helpsmile:

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    win avi.... you can turn an wmv into an mpeg dunno if thats any help

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by constipatinator@3 August 2004 - 10:56
    Could you possibly tell me how to do that? lol im not too bright with all the scientific mumbo jumbo
    MS DRM FAQ

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    How do you get that drm thing? Where do you go to get it and is it free?

oh, also how exactly do you get it to pop-up your site?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Dude, nobody wants sites popping up anyway, especially when you are listening/watching something, it's one of the most annoying things ever, so even if I knew how to do it I wouldn't tell you!!

Also, DRM = Digital Rights Management, is one of the other annoying things ever. Nobody wants that either..

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I agree stop the pop ups. Stop the redirects and for the love of all that is holy stop embedding spyware into the movie files.