Thread: Always Yellow Light

Hi
    I've searched everywhere looking for a answer to this... I've tried all of the things in the tips section of this forum, none of it worked... I dont know what else to do..

It's always yellow lights, it sometimes manage to connect to a peer, but the speed still gets to be 0kbs (sometimes it goes up to 5kbs, then back down to 0kbs)(that picture is taken from this morning, when I left my pc running all night, that's why the settings are at maximum, even when the settings are down, it does no change)(the type is dsl/cable fast because I ran some speed tests and they told me that was about my speed)
    Im using windows 98SE (not gonna change it), I'm behind a fast internet (radio), and i have no router, only a hub/switch, in which the internet cable goes (comming form a linux server pc here), and divides into other cables, which goes to some computers in my house.
    I've ran a test that says that I have firewall, but I found no way to open a hole to let bittorrent get some nice speed.
    Can anyone help?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    angel_of_death57
    Well you havea lack of seeders and leechers but thats all i can think of.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Which firewall do u have?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    @angel_of_death: Sometimes I have 7 seeds and 10+ peers, but the connection is still at 0.
    @fredsdead: I dont know what firewall I have, I dont even am sure if I have one, my isp didnt tell me if there was a firewall or anything.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I tried that already, didnt work cause I dont have a router neither windows xp...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by tchuckyboy@4 August 2004 - 14:28
    I tried that already, didnt work cause I dont have a router neither windows xp...
    Ok...then would you mind if you told us what you did have?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I've said in the first post, but I'll say again, I have:
    Windows 98SE, not connected to a router, just to an Encore ENH708 hub, I have a RealTek RTL8029 Network Adapter in my pc, the computer im connected to is the one connected to the dish that brings the internet, and that computer runs a Linux software designed by my isp, and might have a firewall built in.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Have u asked u´re isp if there is a firewall in the linux software?