Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choosing A Mobile Phone?

Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Now that I have a job and some cash in my pocket, I'm looking to replace the mobile I lost in March (Don't ask, but it involved Salford and a train :">) with a camera phone. Only question is which one

First thought was to check the T-Mobile Pay As You Go phones (As my last one was a T-PAYG), and found the Siemens MC60, Sony Ericsson t610, and Motorola v300. Only problems was that the last mobile was a Siemens M35i and was stable but boring (and the MC60 looks the same), and I've seen quite a few of the t610 around. That left the v300 - Until I saw Orange's v500 and Vodafone's v525, two seemingly better phones for a lower price

Next problem is that I'm a little uncertain with the Vodafone and Orange tariffs, and the O2 ones can go screw themselves (the few calls I make would cost more on O2 than on T-Mobile). So now I'm stuck with figuring out which phone to go for.

Then I have to waft the flames a little more by considering Pay Monthly (even though I don&#39;t use the phone much) to get a larger range of phones, and find this and this. And that&#39;s not even taking into account the ones from 3. WHY THE HELL DOES THERE HAVE TO BE SO MUCH CHOICE??? <quietly backs away from the coffee>

Sorry about that Anyway - What was once a simple case of finding a decently-priced colour camera phone has got me considering video phones, bluetooth, etc. Anyone got any knowledge of any of the phones mentioned, or can recommend other phones that be of interest? Network/Manufacturer fanboys welcome

Thanks in advance for anyone helping out And I&#39;ll swear off the caffeine until anti-spam is gone, if I can figure out what to go for

2. Lounge   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Buy the Cheapest cause your gonna lose it anyway

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Zedaxax@4 August 2004 - 22:06
    Buy the Cheapest cause your gonna lose it anyway

4. Lounge   -   #4
    zacspeed's Avatar Pheasant plucker
    I like the Nokia 6230.
    Small, has camera & Bluetooth, also supports bluetooth sim access (to use with the Nokia 610 car kit).
    Nice bit of kit.
    Get a Vodafone standard contract.
    with PAYG - you will fucking hemmorage money

5. Lounge   -   #5
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    The new Motorola’s have horrible reception. I can’t ever get a signal indoors and when I do manage to get a signal I can barely hear on the damn thing. I’ve brought it back to the place I bought it and they’ve turned the volume up all the way and you still can barley hear.

We’ve always had really good luck with Nokia’s. That’s what I had before I upgraded to the Motorola v600 and I regret it. The old phone wasn’t as fancy but at least the damn thing worked.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I agree with Hank. Buy one that actually works as a phone. I used to have one of those WAP things with radio and God only knows what else - oh&#33; and a crap phone attached. I now have a basic Nokia with Virgin PAYG and am content. It phones it texts and does it beautifully.

T Mobile tariffs are really expensive imho. I used to be with them and changed to Virgin.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

7. Lounge   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    ^^

I think the bells and whistles are great, get a fancy phone with all the extras

I&#39;d recommend the Sharp GX30, all round it is the best and it&#39;s not that expensive - but make sure you buy a 256mb memory card too. Also a contract will definiyely work out cheaper than PAYG.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    wait till november. the new nextel phone is comin out. the motorola i930. i savin my money right now so i can buy it soon as it comes out.

proud to be american

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Wait a little bit and get a new video phone.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I have a Samsung e700 on Orange&#39;s OVP200 tariff, I pay £25 a month and get 50 free texts and 200 minutes of free calls to any number any time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast