Thread: Fixing System Restore

slim150's Avatar Poster
    Well I'll start from the beginning. Unknown to me my videocard's fan was not working. When i would play games everyonce and a while i would get the blue screen of death and i would have to restart. Finally I realized the problem and jerry rigged a new fan. However the damage has been done. Ever since I've had a problem with the paging file (Totally UNSOLVABLE, nothing works) but anyways, I "fixed" it by setting the size to 0.

Now..

Ever since that vicious crash when I try to do system restore it fails. Is there a way to unisntall then re-install it? Or is there something similar I can use? Sorry I cant give you much more details. Thanks anyways if you made it this far.
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Avoid using system restore unless its really serious, you sound like you use it as often as you reboot.

Skimply turn it off or remove all the reset points- and then turn it on again to get it get a new clean restore point.

http://www.tweakxp.com/display.aspx?id=1509

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by Zedaxax@5 August 2004 - 05:20
    Avoid using system restore unless its really serious, you sound like you use it as often as you reboot.

Skimply turn it off or remove all the reset points- and then turn it on again to get it get a new clean restore point.

http://www.tweakxp.com/display.aspx?id=1509
    Yep turn off completely , back up your programs instead. On disk media,or partition. I find it safer, to format and reinstall than rely on System restore.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    I dont think system restore has ever worked for me once