Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Vets Charge: Kerry Killed Fleeing Teen

BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Ever hear of the Heinz corporation? Now how about Teresa Heinz Kerry?

They have a little company that makes ketchup and a nice chuck of the business is done overseas. So is it ok for the Heinz company to make millions from outscored jobs while Kerry says he’s against it?

Hell if it wasn’t for the Heinz company there’d be no money to fund his whole campaign.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #52
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Hienz is a worldwide company so it makes it's product in the countries it sells in. I believe that the products sold in this country are made here. Are you suggesting that it only makes it in the USA and exports?
    The outsourcing that is being complained about is things like tech support jobs going to india or nike making their shoes in asia and importing them here, as far as i see it.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #53
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@9 August 2004 - 23:22
    Ever hear of the Heinz corporation? Now how about Teresa Heinz Kerry?

They have a little company that makes ketchup and a nice chuck of the business is done overseas. So is it ok for the Heinz company to make millions from outscored jobs while Kerry says he’s against it?

Hell if it wasn’t for the Heinz company there’d be no money to fund his whole campaign.
    Okayyyyyy.

I mean what jobs do they outsource?

Do they have Indians packing the ketchup or what?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #54
    Vid,

Aren’t Dell, Nike, and ect worldwide companies?

On a side note you mentioned tech support guys being Indian. I mean no offense to anyone from India when I say this but I hate when I have to talk to those guys on the phone. I can never understand a damn thing that they are saying and I have to keep asking them to repeat themselves.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #55
    i hate it when Indians always try to ram their "hey this is not a public library, either buy it or get out" down my throat, while i'm trying to enjoy a little Penthouse Forum.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #56
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@9 August 2004 - 21:40
    Vid,

Aren’t Dell, Nike, and ect worldwide companies?

On a side note you mentioned tech support guys being Indian. I mean no offense to anyone from India when I say this but I hate when I have to talk to those guys on the phone. I can never understand a damn thing that they are saying and I have to keep asking them to repeat themselves.
    My point is, when i gave the example is that companies like nike and Dell moved jobs out of America as they could save money by taking advantage of cheap labor.
    Hienz is a "food" company (forgetting any other connections) and manufactures where it sells. It wouldn't be economically viable to produce everything here and export it. The company expanded over the years, it didn't "shut down and move" as far as i am aware.

I agree it may be possible that they have administration in another country but i am unaware of this as a fact.

As to Dell and your language problems i believe they had a change of heart and moved back here after too many customer complaints. But they were just examples.

besides read this

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #57
    I never claimed that he and his wife owned the company just profited from it.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #58
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@10 August 2004 - 09:46
    I never claimed that he and his wife owned the company just profited from it.
    i haven't suggested you made that claim. all i have done is point out that the heinz "outsourcing" claim was bogus....unless one wants to make the same claim about all multinational companies that work in the same manner.
    Outsourcing is where they replace American jobs with those abroad to do something that is for use in our country. For example an American clothing company closing it's production lines in the states and moving it to asia then importing those clothes back here to sell. Not when they open new factories etc. to make a product or service for the country that factory is located in....thats called expansion.
    To put it in perspective.
    A german company that makes sausages decides to set up production in the USA. Should it only employ Germans in that factory as some right wingers have suggested the heinz company should be doing with Americans?
    Heinz hasn't closed American factories and transfered the jobs abraod...they have expanded by opening factories in a location that isn't within the USA.

Outsourcing is bad for the American worker and shows that corporate patriotism sleeps with the dollar and not with the nation, but then that's business

9. The Drawing Room   -   #59
    I wonder why they decided to expand their companies overseas instead of creating jobs in America. Do you think that cheap labor rates may have played a part? Nah. I bet it never crossed their minds.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #60
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@10 August 2004 - 12:17
    I wonder why they decided to expand their companies overseas instead of creating jobs in America. Do you think that cheap labor rates may have played a part? Nah. I bet it never crossed their minds.
    Perhaps because the USA market although vast is finite and they wanted to expand to make more money and the only way is to trade outside the USA.
    Think about it. How much would in this case Heinz have to charge for a bottle of ketchup sold in france if they manufactured it in the USA and had to cover the distribution costs? nobody would buy it and therefore make it a pointless task and reduce the share value of an American company.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast