Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Vets Charge: Kerry Killed Fleeing Teen

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Hank, here I actually thought you had some juicy information and now I see you are talking out the side of your neck.

That's like saying McDonald's outsources by building restaurants abroad.

You are truly an #4iot. I can't believe...well fuck it!!! No wonder America is fucked up.

Talk about the uninformed or spin doctor.

Your argument (in this case) against Kerry is shitted on.

Ahhhh...but what about Bush hmmmmmmmm.

Apparently it's ok for Bush to back sending jobs abroad.

He's so patriotic.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #62
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@10 August 2004 - 18:17
    I wonder why they decided to expand their companies overseas instead of creating jobs in America. Do you think that cheap labor rates may have played a part? Nah. I bet it never crossed their minds.
    Because the American Market is only so big.

Out of 6 Billion, you only have 300 Million inhabitants... so i guess they wanted to compete in other countries too?

Just like many American Companies... they arent all outsourcing.

I think your mixing up too seperate issues Hank...

expansion = good for profit AND USA (or where ever the company is based)

outsourcing = good for profit BUT bad for USA (or wher ever the company is based)

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #63
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+10 August 2004 - 15:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 10 August 2004 - 15:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BigBank_Hank@10 August 2004 - 18:17
    I wonder why they decided to expand their companies overseas instead of creating jobs in America. Do you think that cheap labor rates may have played a part? Nah. I bet it never crossed their minds.
    Because the American Market is only so big.

Out of 6 Billion, you only have 300 Million inhabitants... so i guess they wanted to compete in other countries too?

Just like many American Companies... they arent all outsourcing.

I think your mixing up too seperate issues Hank...

expansion = good for profit AND USA (or where ever the company is based)

outsourcing = good for profit BUT bad for USA (or wher ever the company is based) [/b][/quote]
    You know Rat, I believe Hank knew the difference but this was typical spin.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #64
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    my god there IS an echo in here

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #65
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    The Heinz company owns 79 plants and 57 of them are overseas. The products can be made just as easily here as and shipped overseas creating more jobs at home.

Now I understand that its good for business to expand and create jobs in other markets, which is exactly what the Heinz company did. Kerry has been accusing Bush of essentially encouraging the loss of jobs overseas when those very same corporate strategies are the same as the Heinz Corp.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #66
    Ok hank of the 22 plants heinz has in the states..where are they located?

I&#39;ll tell you, all over the place

Why?

Because it make logistical and economic sense to make the product closer to the customer.

Now how much has the cost of fuel gone up?

A great deal

what does that mean to any industry?

Logistics cost more and the further away the customer the more it costs to transport.

what does this mean?

it means that the product sale price has to increase to be able to make the a profit and pay for the cost of the logistics.

But if the price is expensive who will buy it?

Very few, they will buy the locally produced product that is much cheaper.

just in the states large companies have factories at different ends of the country purely to make the logistics cheaper and the product viable.

would you pay &#036;15 for a bottle of ketchup?

But i agree with your thinking...lets close down all the foriegn companies operating branches here that give americans jobs or open our employment laws so foreign companies can bring in their own workers.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #67
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Heinz would only be outsourcing if the ketchup made in the UK was then shipped back to the States putting US workers out of a job. If a product is to be sold in a specific country (especially foodstuffs) then it is more practical to make it in that country.

Even beers etc., are bottled over here.

Coca Cola is made here, Fords are made here etc., etc., These are not outsourced jobs they are an attempt to be competitive in a foreign market. If Heinz tried to ship ketchup here, shipping costs, import duties etc., would make the product uncompetitive and locally produced items would take all their market share.

It tends to be luxury high cost (in relation to shipping size) items that are imported i.e. DKNY, Jack Daniels and similar.

Out-sourcing is getting a little Thai girl to work 23 hours a day to make &#036;200 trainers (that used to be made in the US) specifically for the US market. The only difference being that she gets paid a &#036;1 a day.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. The Drawing Room   -   #68
    Originally posted by vidcc@10 August 2004 - 15:17
    my god there IS an echo in here

9. The Drawing Room   -   #69
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@10 August 2004 - 17:31
    The Heinz company owns 79 plants and 57 of them are overseas. The products can be made just as easily here as and shipped overseas creating more jobs at home.

Now I understand that its good for business to expand and create jobs in other markets, which is exactly what the Heinz company did. Kerry has been accusing Bush of essentially encouraging the loss of jobs overseas when those very same corporate strategies are the same as the Heinz Corp.
    No there not.
    Have you been reading?

Sit down.

Currently, 60% of the sales of the H.J. Heinz Company are outside the United States and to accommodate those customers by providing facilities closer to those markets, the company maintains a number of overseas facilities that provide products for consumers in those markets.
    Heinz&#39;s 50 companies have number-one or number-two brands in 200 countries, showcased by Heinz® Ketchup, the world&#39;s favorite ketchup.
    H. J. Heinz Company today is an enterprise with over 110 major locations worldwide, with leading brands on six continents.
    Someone&#39;s been reading pro-Bush websites and not interpreting the information for themslves. I figured this without even seeing the information. It&#39;s a damn food services company&#33;&#33;&#33;

Moving a factory to service customers in the same vicinity ain&#39;t outsourcing. It actually created a job.

Moving an IT job or call center that was here and now abroad IS outsourcing.

The job was MOVED.

I think a STFU is in order.

(talk about the uninformed being allowed to vote, jeez, this is common sense)

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #70
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by vidcc+10 August 2004 - 22:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vidcc @ 10 August 2004 - 22:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vidcc@10 August 2004 - 15:17
    my god there IS an echo in here &nbsp; &nbsp;
    [/b][/quote]

You beat me to it&#33;
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast