Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Village

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by Withcheese@9 August 2004 - 07:46
    After I watch a movie I usually check out the reviews on IMDB, this thread had me PMSLing:

Major spoilers: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368447/board/nest/10570256
    What a bunch of arses

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    *warning: spoilers below*

I'm really into paranormal movies and adventure as well. They can be on the move from danger, or looking for hope whilst guarding the majority of the towns people from the unknown beyond the walls.

I thought this movie was overated from what the previews show. I noticed Mr. Shyamalan tends to turn another direction in alot of his movies and sometimes is very good too. (The Sixth Sense was one of his best, and Unbreakable wasnt too bad either) But then sometimes it get's a little goofy. Letting people know that the man who runs the whole village is the cause of the pain. Then when you find out it's the "20th century".. the tables have turned again. The village isnt just haunted by some werewolf-hedgehog-thingamajig who is a retarted man, but modern life outside the walls have not once set foot into that village. I was expecting atleast 3-4 of these beasts to pop up sometime in the movie knawing on a corpse. I thought they mighta been warlocks at first. How about an encounter of a cloaked/transparent man?

Heh, it's also funny how references to the 20th century appear throughtout the movie such as one or two men wearing modern day suits-n-ties. They looked a little too clean if anything.

Anyways, the ending scene was something that kills the audience.
    "OoOoOo now she knows the truth, maybe that policeman will climb over and try to rescue the people living in the old lifestyle.... woop fell into that damn hole!"

I am not to criticize Shyamalan, since his other films were much better than this one. From what people say, this is the lineup of his styles:

The Sixth Sense: Friendship
    Unbreakable: Discovery
    Signs: Faith
    The Village: Discovery (some people also said "love")

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234