Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Why Dont People Message Back

Poster
    I send a lot of messages per day -- somewhere between 10 and 200.
    And I probably get a greater-than-average percentage of replies back due to what I'm messaging people about.

It's usually:
    1.You're not sharing, so I'm killing my upload/s to you. (replies back are sometimes hostile, but generally quick)

2.You're sharing trojan-infested files (ie: regular Kazaa versions) -- the replies back to this range from silly, hostile, to scared shitless.

3.My upload or download to/from you is very slow (like 0.1 KB/sec or less) -- I can tell you how to cure that... (least likely to get replies back, but generally friendly ones if at all.)

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    I rarely get messages.....and would happily engage in a bit of chit chat.....I suppose it just depends on who is out there at the time....shame tho...I agree it would be nice to chat to someone who you are sharing with at the time....

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    WEll, I got a message from someone that said there the FBI and I need to stop sharing copyrighted material. The also said I would be getting a call soon and my IP was on record. I told em where to go, as I find it hard to believe the FBI messages people to stop shareing then turn around and tell em there going to call you.

I would think that they would not alert me and give me time to erase over my hard drive and get ride of my back up cd's I was only shareing games anyway at the time, no movies or mp3's.....

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    i'm not normally at my pc, its on 24/7 but i try to answer people, mostly they are normal "is this real" type questions.

I've had a couple of "I'm hacking your computer" messages, normall reply is "good, catch this virus"

I've also had a few arguments (I'm getting quite good at swearing in spanish&#33 the old hot blooded latino stereotype is probably true

but finally to get back to topic, I think klite should have messanger features for status, that would let people know whether we are on line or not, i personally like a bit of chat now and again, I've been direct file swapping with a new friend I made through messaging, saved us both a lot of time

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    B) Cool idea maybe on the next version B) on the subject of the f.b.i post I know some1 who just for fun tried to copy a £20 note with there new scanner and they got in illegal operation windows is shutting down then phoned me to ask if it was safe to put it back on

nothing to do with the post just thought I'd mention it

6. File Sharing   -   #46
    BANNED
    keyser_soze that is the most hillirous thing Ive read in ages LMAO

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    Like many of you I've tried to msg out when there is a virus, such as the Hantaner I've found while downloading from them, and to others as a warning that the file might be contaminated, but I've yet to get a response.

Not familiar with many of the gifs there are about would want to include a warning label, skull and cross bones or something that lanugage would not be a problem to let them know.

I try to leave my system up and running, primarily because it takes several days to download programs for me (dialup 56k) and I msg uploaders to hang in there cause I'll leave it on all night, but again no response.

8. File Sharing   -   #48
    Originally posted by solidsnake@23 March 2003 - 15:09
    hmm no pop ups
    theresd one at the beginning
    No there isn't. That popup is generated by the web page you have set (or rather the one set by default) as your start page. You can change it to whatever page you want.

9. File Sharing   -   #49
    I was just reading this post and I was thinking "No one ever messages me"...Next thing I know some girl sends me this message "is this the real movie?" (She was talking about resident evil) ,I answered her and we started talking but then I started talking about babies in bottles and she disconnected and I couldnt find her again...damn...

10. File Sharing   -   #50
    I was just reading this post and I was thinking "No one ever messages me"...Next thing I know some girl sends me this message "is this the real movie?" (She was talking about resident evil) ,I answered her and we started talking but then I started talking about babies in bottles and she disconnected and I couldnt find her again...damn...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast