Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unreal 2 Startup Problem

I downloaded Unreal 2 CD1 and CD2 , i installed it and applied the NO_CD PATCH and i double click the game icon, it waits for about 10 secs then an error message comes up:

Bad name index -22/415

History: ULinkerLoad<<FName <- (LinkerLoad Transient.LinkerLoad22 26547838)) <- FObjectImport<< <- LoadImportMap <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport <- ValidateImports <- ULinkerLoad::Verify <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport <- ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport <- ValidateImports <- ULinkerLoad::Verify <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Build: Jan 7 2003 18:14:05

Does anyone know what to do , please Help, Thanks in advanced

2. Games   -   #2
    imported_The__One
    ....and U didn&#39;t get ANY error msg&#39;s when burning/installing?

&#39;cause it looka like some file is either missing or has the wrong name alocated to it

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    some games don&#39;t give you error messages while installing(Medal of honor and BF1942 for example)but if they are corrupted they just don&#39;t work
    1.read my sig
    2.get emule
    3.download it from there
    4.enjoy

4. Games   -   #4
    Originally posted by Master YodaX@23 March 2003 - 14:30
    some games don&#39;t give you error messages while installing(Medal of honor and BF1942 for example)but if they are corrupted they just don&#39;t work
    1.read my sig
    2.get emule
    3.download it from there
    4.enjoy
    this is against the rules ur making add of emule

5. Games   -   #5
    This may seem abit of trouble, but could someone with Unreal 2 Successfully install please send me the following files:

U2DDrakkNew.uax (C:/Unreal 2/Sounds)
    GraysinT.utx (C:/Unreal 2/Textures)
    Mission-01T.utx (C:/Unreal 2/Textures)
    Mission-06T.utx (C:/Unreal 2/Textures)

Please , please send me these files, [email protected]

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by vegeta+23 March 2003 - 15:47--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegeta @ 23 March 2003 - 15:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Master YodaX@23 March 2003 - 14:30
    1.read my sig
    2.get emule
    3.download it from there
    4.enjoy
    this is against the rules ur making add of emule [/b][/quote]
    Doesn&#39;t look like an ad to me. He is stating a fact. There are other alternatives to dl from, but emule is probably the best place. Its faster than mirc, and easier than newsgroups in my opinion. Only problem is, that leechers cant use it, and it just makes for a lot of crying. I usually recommend emule out to people, but i know most people can&#39;t take the speed. Until kazaa gets some sort of corruption handling built into it, emule remains the better program.

edit: typo

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    Hey Greg...I had the same error message and this is what I did....1st,use cdmage to scan and repair corrupted sectors...I have found that cdmage only works on medium to low corrupted sectors...if you get high errors..forget it..also rebuilding them with cdmage doesnt seem to work either...therefore I redownloaded the files..used cdmage to repair the corrupted sectors and also got the cd crack from cracks am .com......was some work,but all in all a pretty good game....10.5 hrs to finish...good luck&#33;

8. Games   -   #8
    Originally posted by sleepnmojo+23 March 2003 - 20:59--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sleepnmojo @ 23 March 2003 - 20:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -vegeta@23 March 2003 - 15:47
    <!--QuoteBegin--Master YodaX
    @23 March 2003 - 14:30
    1.read my sig
    2.get emule
    3.download it from there
    4.enjoy

this is against the rules ur making add of emule
    Doesn&#39;t look like an ad to me. He is stating a fact. There are other alternatives to dl from, but emule is probably the best place. Its faster than mirc, and easier than newsgroups in my opinion. Only problem is, that leechers cant use it, and it just makes for a lot of crying. I usually recommend emule out to people, but i know most people can&#39;t take the speed. Until kazaa gets some sort of corruption handling built into it, emule remains the better program.

edit: typo [/b][/quote]
    i hate emule cuz i never connect to any server even after updating the list .

9. Games   -   #9
    This could be a windows or corruption problem.. I got my Unreal2 off Kazaa when if first came out before corruption could set in. Kazaa is a bad souce to get large game files....

As for e-mule.................... I don&#39;t understand why I can&#39;t get it to work. I update the server list before downloading everytime in hopes of getting a good connection and nothing or maybe a 1.5 kb/s download then it stops to look for sources. I have everthing set correctly on e-mule so its not me.... and my top download speed is 159 kb/s (DSL) Upload speed is around 32 KB/s

I posted this once. If your getting large bin files from Kazaa then don&#39;t expect them to really work. I share alot of the new games that came out but most I downloaded from direct connect and they have no corruption.

cdmage may be able to fix the problem and there are games like C&C Generals or Iron storm that I have had to copy both cd&#39;s to the hard drive to get them to install.

I would try overnet, e-mule but my favorite is Direct Connect.
    http://neo-modus.com/

Whats cool about Direct Connect is that you can&#39;t go in as a leecher. Most hubs won&#39;t even allow you on without sharing a min gig of shared material. The problem is that to get on a good hub you need at least need 20 gig of shared material and it has to be real stuff (no windows directory) because the bots check what you have and compare it. I get kicked if I forget to remove my .dat files from Kazaa.
    Downloads can be slow on Direct Connect but it will download and resume with no problems. I normally can find a speed of around 22 kb/s which is better than e-mule or least thats my opinion.

10. Games   -   #10
    I&#39;m new to CDmage, so I&#39;m not seeing how to make this fix. I downloaded the Unreal_II_The_Awakening.CD1.FairLight.Cadichon.ShareReactor.bin.exe files (1 and 2) off Kazaa. CDmage won&#39;t take the .exe file, so I used WinISO to convert to both a .iso and a .bin file. When I open either in CDmage, it doesn&#39;t allow you to select the Scan or Repair options. Ruhroh (or anyone&#33, how did you get it to work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast