Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Us Shoot Down Uk Aircraft!.

Poster
    not to be a dick or minimize the losses of the uk's men but this thread was started cuz of a so called "friendly fire" accident
    looks like the got a couple of their own

2. The Drawing Room   -   #72
    I wish I could change topic heading now,but i can't.

Anyway if anyone is interested in the "FRIENDLY FIRE ACCIDENTS BY U.S" so far here are the ones that I know of.

1) The original crash of the U.S Chinoc Helicopter containing 8 Brits.

2) The shooting down of a U.K fighter on it's way back from a bombing mission by a U.S Anti-aircraft battery!.

3) The Musilim U.S soldier Throwing a frag grenade into his superior's tent to kill him although not really an accident, its just that there are so many probs in the U.S army now they have bloody Assasins in there own ranks.

4) The U.S fighter Bombing and shooting at it's very own military anti-aircraft unit!!!.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #73
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Right, and yet the lameness continues.

Now we have an entire forum dedicated to America bashing?

Would you rather I post here or these idiotic f00ls you start forums like this for?

Man I wonder at your logic people, I really do.

Or why doesn't some admin just come right out and admit they don't like us Americans, cause it sure as shit seems that was to me.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

4. The Drawing Room   -   #74
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Power User,
    You seem to want to use these friendly fire issues to make fun of the US. So you should expect members here wanting to defend US so you should take the comments that will be left in stride. You leave smilies on the US issues as to make fun of them, well perhaps the thread should be change to "FRIENDLY FIRE ACCIDENTS BY US & COALITION" so all can provide 'make fun' of type commentary remarks such as yours. With your latest addition to the post you can expect more flaming as that is to be expected. With the war ongoing I suspect more friendly fire incidents to occur, but in no way am I going to make fun of becuase of it. So bare in mind the UK has had their share as well, lets recap:

* Two British helicopters collided killing 1 US Marine

* Two British soldiers were killed in a so-called friendly fire incident when their tank was fired on by another British tank outside Basra, British military officials said.

But we really can't consider the helicopter crashes friendly fire now can we, after all there was no weapons fired. Try to distinguish friendly fire from accidents, as I see it this threads original intention was so that you could make fun of the US.

Notice, no use of smilies to make fun of anyone, those are just facts of war, accidents/friendly fire are/will happen.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

5. The Drawing Room   -   #75
    Poster
    I stand beside what CornerPocket has said, and I want to say my own piece as well. Why do people post this things like this? Do you feel it something you absolutely have to do? I don't see any americans posting bad things about british? Regardless of what happened, and even if something had happened, americans most probably would not post making fun of your country...That's all I really have to say, anything more would be useless. Edit: Before someone says that this statement was arrogant, and one-sided in anyway. It just seems like fact to me... What is the real point in posting anything like this? A war is going on, and the people who post things like this don't seem to understand that a lot of people are dieing everywhere. Let's see, eight british, compared to the hundreds, and thousands of americans that will die in the war? Boo hoo, we lost eight people. I'm not being insensitive to the dead, there is just no comparison on the amount of british, and american lives that will be lost. I could actually care less if it was friendly fire, or even if we did it. I am more worried for the soldiers of my country, who have gone to war, and the ones that are going to lose their lives. I mean, don't get me wrong, I feel for the eight, (or however many) that lost their lives, but as I said...eight doesn't seem to compare to hundreds, and thousands... Just a thought.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #76
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    CornerPocket hit it on the head.

I think if we could somehow correlate some of these posts to the recently conducted "age" poll, we might find some of what us "older" (not "old", mind you) people consider to be rash or knee-jerk posts are composed by members who haven't been through the debate a time or two.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #77
    Poster
    I don't think it has anything to do with age..period. I believe it has more to do with the state of mind of the people posting. Some people just don't understand that there is nothing funny about a war, nor is there anything funny about death. Even most adolescents can see that some of these posts are just begging to become a post war.- Edit: What's a better way to explain this, I suppose what I'm trying to say is this; The person who posted this, simply wanted a discussion, however that person was in the wrong state of mind when he/she posted. It wasn't the appropriate way to begin a discussion on the friendly fire topic. He began pointing fingers, and saying, "So and so is dumb, and they blow us up for no reason." That's just translating what I thought I read. It's obvious this person doesn't like americans, and maybe americans don't like him/her. Either way, is it really intelligent to go posting on a board that is worldwide, and expecting not to start an argument with a beginning post such as his/hers?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #78
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Jowy@26 March 2003 - 16:46
    I don't think it has anything to do with age..period. I believe it has more to do with the state of mind of the people posting. Some people just don't understand that there is nothing funny about a war, nor  is there anything funny about death. Even most adolescents can see that some of these posts are just begging to become a post war.- Edit: What's a better way to explain this, I suppose what I'm trying to say is this; The person who posted this, simply wanted a discussion, however that person was in the wrong state of mind when he/she posted. It wasn't the appropriate way to begin a discussion on the friendly fire topic. He began pointing fingers, and saying, "So and so is dumb, and they blow us up for no reason." That's just translating what I thought I read. It's obvious this person doesn't like americans, and maybe americans don't like him/her. Either way, is it really intelligent to go posting on a board that is worldwide, and expecting not to start an argument with a beginning post such as his/hers?
    Exactly-

Although I have, frankly, been pleased and surprised with regard to the clarity and maturity of "some" of the posting of the obviously young, my point is, having not "been there/done that", there is almost no way some people can avoid topically skewing a thread due to the intrusiveness of certain developments that can in no way be pre-conceived.

How's that for a run-on sentence?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #79
    Originally posted by alan36uk@25 March 2003 - 20:50
    mrcall1969 I clap my hands to you !!!
    I have no problems with any race.
    I have a good few American friends as well as other
    countries.I did not rip America apart.
    I was trying to be light hearted in times of trouble.
    I agree close these treads.Its making a war in itself.
    I would rather leave the forum.
    I just feel that some people on here should tone it down
    a bit and we can all have fun.
    Thanks for the post mrcall1969..First bit of sense I have read
    today.
    In response to coments of this idea, not to single this one post just the idea.

In the U.S. the 1st amendment is constantly shreded by people who are offended.

Fredom of speach, and press is a privilge. But also gives us the right to turn off the radio, tv, media, gossip from others.

If something does not go there direction, it must be wrong.

If I don't like steak, should I protest it to be removed from the menu?
    If I don't like Howard Stern, should I sue the network?
    If I don't like the novel "Moby Dick" required for Hish school English, should I sue the Education system?

All I am saying is just because we don't like something said, or written, doesn't mean We have to participate, or even veiw.

To add, this is the biggest problem for the U.S. is people who want to disect every peice of the foundation We are based on as a Nation.

Americans are not one nationality, but almost every nationality. That is why I can't understand why "Americans" seem to be, for the most part, the backyard pitbull that no one wants unless it does a great trick or serves as a "Pit Bull"

Maybe I am wrong? But the word Raceist does not exist, and seems to be replaced with insecure beings that need to blame a problem on a group of individuals instead of trying to understand what the problem is, and then decideing what actions can be taken to react, resolve, and repair.

If there is no reasonable answer after that has been decided then what else is there to be discussed. It doesn't make sense to me to cast information about and Idea that the caster is not able to change.

Last, These posts I have read seem to be no different than conversation by my own peers. So how can any of you be above any other.

Conclusion: ARE WE REALLY NURTURING PEACE???????

10. The Drawing Room   -   #80
    Originally posted by CornerPocket@26 March 2003 - 15:36
    Power User,
    You seem to want to use these friendly fire issues to make fun of the US. So you should expect members here wanting to defend US so you should take the comments that will be left in stride. You leave smilies on the US issues as to make fun of them, well perhaps the thread should be change to "FRIENDLY FIRE ACCIDENTS BY US & COALITION" so all can provide 'make fun' of type commentary remarks such as yours. With your latest addition to the post you can expect more flaming as that is to be expected. With the war ongoing I suspect more friendly fire incidents to occur, but in no way am I going to make fun of becuase of it. So bare in mind the UK has had their share as well, lets recap:

* Two British helicopters collided killing 1 US Marine

* Two British soldiers were killed in a so-called friendly fire incident when their tank was fired on by another British tank outside Basra, British military officials said.

But we really can't consider the helicopter crashes friendly fire now can we, after all there was no weapons fired. Try to distinguish friendly fire from accidents, as I see it this threads original intention was so that you could make fun of the US.

Notice, no use of smilies to make fun of anyone, those are just facts of war, accidents/friendly fire are/will happen.
    I like this post...

the last above post I made, before reading this one supports your Idea.

The U.S. and Coalition has many faults I am sure. But so do We!

These anti-post posts are not productive, and Inteligent people should know how to pick thier battles and leave useles battles to die off.

Back to what I meant to say(sorry got carried away) There is no certainty in war, there is no fair war, and there is no way to live without conflict AS WE CAN SEE FROM ALL THE POSTS FROM THE ANTIWAR SIDE OF THIS BOARD.

IT DOESN"T SEEM TO MAKE SENSE FROM MOST OF THESE COMMENTS AND REPLYS THAT ARE MADE BY PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT ANIT WAR, JUST BY READING WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY.

WHERE IS THE PEACE IN YOURSELVES IS THE QUESTION I WOULD ASK.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast