Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo "harbours Flamers"

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by J'Pol@6 August 2004 - 17:58
    Anyone think this may be contrived, in order to get a settlement.

I think the American legal system is fan-tastic.
    This reminds of an episode of Sliders.

The Sliders landed on an alternate Earth.
    One of them lightly bumps into a lady and says excuse me.

After he walks away, in less than a minute, a lawyer walks up to him telling him that he is representing the lady for injuries sustained for "the bumping incident".

The guy that is bringing forth this Yahoo suit is either a total sissybitch or another legal system "exploiter".

"He called me a name. I'm sueing!!!"

STFU!!! and GTFO!!!

Fuck the RIAA. This is worse if it come to fruition.
    You don't even have to dl music...

....just call some loser a motherfucker.

I like our legal system but it's run by shortsighted management.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    How ironic.

Fairly fraught with hilariousness*, actually.

* Gratuitous reference to Mrs. Clinton, carpetbagging Jr. Senator from New York.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by j2k4@7 August 2004 - 01:13
    How ironic.

* Gratuitous reference to Mrs. Clinton, carpetbagging Jr. Senator from New York.
    Wouldn't that be hilaryness?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by lynx+6 August 2004 - 20:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 6 August 2004 - 20:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@7 August 2004 - 01:13
    How ironic.

Wouldn&#39;t that be hilaryness? [/b][/quote]
    As my son would say (I think), It&#39;s all good. B)
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    What the hell is a lawyer doing in a Yahoo message board? I wouldnt think someone with a brain over the age of 14 would be posting at Yahoo.

What is he going to sue a bunch of 13 year olds or retards because thats probably who flamed him?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    lynx's Avatar .
    I think the point is that he is now trying to get a class-action lawsuit against Yahoo, suing them is where the real money lies.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by Busyman@7 August 2004 - 01:08

....just call some loser a motherfucker.

My nomination for "Line of the Month", bloody brilliant

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by lynx@7 August 2004 - 02:40
    I think the point is that he is now trying to get a class-action lawsuit against Yahoo, suing them is where the real money lies.
    PRobably. Just like this asshole.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Arm+7 August 2004 - 09:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arm @ 7 August 2004 - 09:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lynx@7 August 2004 - 02:40
    PRobably. Just like this asshole. [/b][/quote]
    I know what you mean about the lawyer.

However, the story about the murderer being affected by a video game is bullshit. It was the VICTIM who had a copy of the game (Manhunt), and as far as is known Leblanc had never seen the game.

It is true that the mother blamed it on the video game for some strange reason. Does that game have incidents involving Psychic powers? Maybe that&#39;s how the victim&#39;s gaming experience was transferred to his attacker.

I don&#39;t know if the bit about the mother contacting Thompson is true but it seems very unlikely. Why would she contact an American lawyer (who would not be licensed to practice in the UK) and where would she get his name from in the first place? I&#39;ve certainly never heard of him before.

Any idea when that was posted? It is at least 3 days since it was revealed that Leblanc hadn&#39;t seen the game.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by lynx+7 August 2004 - 12:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx &#064; 7 August 2004 - 12:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Any idea when that was posted? It is at least 3 days since it was revealed that Leblanc hadn&#39;t seen the game. [/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-right below the headline

Posted 7/30/04[/quote]

Sometimes I think religious nutters and/or narrowminded old coots shouldn&#39;t be allowed in government or to practice law. (With regards to the topic.)

But you can&#39;t persecute people for their personal beliefs or preferences, now can you. Hell, there&#39;s also freedom of speech to consider. Not that some of them have noticed themselves.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast