Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arctic Silver 5

ok ill try that

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    ok it the circle wasnt as big as the one in their picture, but prett close....this is weird....the first time i turned it on after applying arctic silver, at idle my cpu was 33 degrees (5 degree drop)...and then i restarted it like a minute after cuz i put the keyboard in the wrong slot, and now its idle at 36 (2 degree drop)....

so should I not leave this on overnight?? how long should i leave it on, then turn it off?? cuz i usually turn it on in the morning and leave it on till midnight....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Monitor the temps for the first 10 minutes or so and if it stays stable then you can leave it on overnight.

You could also try to put your CPU to work to see what the temps are under load. Run a game or do some folding@home (see link in my sig.)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    hmm when i play cs....usually its 52 degrees....after the arctic silver, it changes between 51 and 52 degrees

OOOPDIEDOO!!! that helps alot....so should i leave off tonite?? and hope its better tomorrow?

ah what the gay....its like 44 degrees now idle....ooo higher!!! ill turn it off now...stupd thing...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by XxKrNxStyLeZxX@6 August 2004 - 23:23
    hmm when i play cs....usually its 52 degrees....after the arctic silver, it changes between 51 and 52 degrees

OOOPDIEDOO!!! that helps alot....so should i leave off tonite?? and hope its better tomorrow?

ah what the gay....its like 44 degrees now idle....ooo higher!!! ill turn it off now...stupd thing...
    44 idle's a bit high even for a stock hsf. u sure u put on as5 correctly?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    my computers messed up so thats probably why...reformatting soon...

now i get 34-36 degrees idle....i think thats pretty good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12