Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's So Scary About The Ring?

Poster
    I saw the exorcist when I was a kid (I think I was 11 ) and I didn't find it scary at all.

Can you people please tell me how impossible things can be scarry and make you wonder if it could actually happen?

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    The same way impossible things like LOTR are fun - you suspend disbelief for a while and let yourself be pulled into what the movie (or book or whatever) is trying to create.

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Poster
    You can be fascinated by those kinds of stories and ideas, but scared?

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    For me, it's not scary during the movie. It's after. When I turned off my DVD player, I got a snowy screen and I was like "Ah, turn the goddamn TV off!!!"

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Infested Cats's Avatar Mike Victory
    Originally posted by DataMore@24 March 2003 - 21:41
    You can be fascinated by those kinds of stories and ideas, but scared?
    If you've ever read any Steven King book (or any horror novel), you would understand!
    The Book "IT" freaked me out... much more than the TV adaptation.

Thats why, like said before, imagination is key with certain horror movies. You cant expect everything to be like laid out in front of you!

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by Infested Cats@25 March 2003 - 03:00
    If you've ever read any Steven King book (or any horror novel), you would understand!
    The Book "IT" freaked me out... much more than the TV adaptation.

Thats why, like said before, imagination is key with certain horror movies. You cant expect everything to be like laid out in front of you!
    Yes, I understand that. If you have imagination you can find all those movies fascinating, but not at the point of freaking you out!

Remember that reality can be much scarier than any horror movie ever made.

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    I think the reason I couldn't get into it was the fact I saw "Fear Dot Com" prior to seeing the ring. So the whole "if you see this, you will die" concept lost it's merit.

By the way.........if you're reading this messege, in seven days you will.............forget all about it

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Nothing like a good discussion. Still i fell the movie was pretty scary, then again i saw in the cinema. Nothing will scare your ass like Dolby Digital sound. When i watched it, there was a bunch of young girls behind me and my buddy, and they kept screeming all through the scary parts of the movie, then when the girl comes out of the tv, everyone kinda started laughing, well it was scary, but until that time in the movie, nothing supernatural had happened. Well of course they found here body and all that, but still, nothing supernatural had actually happened. One of my friends was convincened all through the movie, that it was some kind of human serial killer who had a GPS tap into the fucking tape, and therefor he knew when ppl watched it ... Well he thought so just until she popped out of the tv

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123