Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Diet Pills Work?

slim150's Avatar Poster
    Has anyone out there ever have any luck with them? The non-kill-you kind. Theres SOOO many on commercials that it makes me wonder this.
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

2. Lounge   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    The only diet pill worth taking would be one that is so big it jams in your throat and stops you eating those 10 big macs every hour.

sorry couldn't resist.

I am not a doctor but i honestly believe that a sensible diet of moderation in amount of food and regular exercise is the only truely viable way to not only lose weight but keep it off. It's also the best way health wise.

Some people have thyroid problems and i believe medication can help but for someone that is overweight because of over eating i recommend the above.
    Weight loss pills probably lighten your wallet more than your body.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    I am actually on a self made diet. It works sorta, i lost like 25 lbs (175 -150)

This is what i do.

No breakfast

No lunch, unless its a fat free turkey/beef hotdog or .5 gram of fat cinnimon cake

Dinner: steamed rice with fat free butter, and a fat free chicken patty cut up
    over top with fat free shredded cheese.

LOTS AND LOTS of Pepsi One Throughout the day.

Then on the weekends if i do good during the week. I treat myself to a nice dinner or two.
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Turkishjade's Avatar Gunny
    Get your hands on the Navy Seal Fitness Guide ( any way you can ) They have a whole section on mineral and artificial diet supplements. All of these diet pills list the ingredients on the back and when you cross reference them with that guide, you will instantly know what the deal is for ANY diet pill. I would just cut and paste it here, but it's several pages.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by slim150@7 August 2004 - 06:27
    I am actually on a self made diet. It works sorta, i lost like 25 lbs (175 -150)

This is what i do.

No breakfast

No lunch, unless its a fat free turkey/beef hotdog or .5 gram of fat cinnimon cake

Then on the weekends if i do good during the week. I treat myself to a nice dinner or two.
    You may loose weight, but the diet sounds quite unhealthy.

Breakfast is a key meal.

I hardly see any veggies or fruit.

VIDCC's advice works best. Moderation.

And vitamins. But pref. from food, not bottles........

Yogi

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Chame1eon's Avatar Super Freak
    you probably know this, but eating less slows down your metabolism.
    like yogi said maybe you should consider more fruit and vegetables thie not all bad, and they won't add a lot of calories. in fact i read on snopes that eating celery results in negative calories.
    I only licked you for the salt

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    apparently eating earlier in the day is best cos your metabolism is higher than at night time. also try and snack like eating raisins as small amounts are used up when you eat more small amounts so you basically dont but any weight on.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    UcanRock2's Avatar Phantom Gander
    Originally posted by slim150@6 August 2004 - 21:27

This is what i do.

No breakfast

That fat free food will kill you...

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Just eat lots of stuff with no calories, protein or carbs.

Diet pills are good for this - several hundred a day and you will soon lose weight.

On the other hand an active life and a healthy diet also are quite effective.

Foamy

Fatkins Diet is the one you want.

PS: I should have said - harshness abounds.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by slim150@7 August 2004 - 04:27

This is what i do.

No breakfast

i heard starving yourself actually makes you gain weight, because your body forces itself to stockpile because it cant garuntee when its next fed
    <span style='color:black'>websites that are actually good</span>
    http://www.sputnik7.com - music videos &amp; short films &amp; anime
    http://www.atomfilms.com - more short films
    http://www.howstuffworks.com - learning can be fun
    http://www.caedes.net - probably the best wallpapers on the net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast