Thread: How To Check If Port Isn't Capped?

i luv u xara
    first of all.... i really meant to say throtelled but im not sure how is spelled...

i've heard about isp capping the speeds on certains ports... does anyone know a site or software that allows me to check the speeds on certain ports???

im not using the default ports... i changed them to 58988 - 58998 ...is that ok...

the problem is that some days ago, i used to get from 100 to 400 KB/s, but know im hardly getting more than 10 KB/s....
    dude!!!
    la cucaracha, la cucaracha, ya no puede caminar...

- JOIN our fold@home team... ... something about genetics n' stuff
    -i just had a pm conversation with MYSELF!!!... ... ...wow... that's sad

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Chame1eon's Avatar Super Freak
    Originally posted by ofbz@7 August 2004 - 04:38
    first of all.... i really meant to say throtelled but im not sure how is spelled...

i've heard about isp capping the speeds on certains ports... does anyone know a site or software that allows me to check the speeds on certain ports???

im not using the default ports... i changed them to 58988 - 58998 ...is that ok...

the problem is that some days ago, i used to get from 100 to 400 KB/s, but know im hardly getting more than 10 KB/s....
    it's normal to for the downlod to start out fast then get slower after you've reached a certain % especially if there are a lot of leechers and not many seed.

i doubt throttling is the problem, but if you really want to be sure you coud try downloadign something with a lot of seeds and fewer peers
    I only licked you for the salt

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    angel_of_death57
    Yeah on Torrent Bits we all been talking about it i changed my ports and high ports i had more problems with might be cos i am on ADSL ?????

I had ports 52250 to 52260 but they sucked so i changed to 70xx to 70xx i won't say what i used its better if they secret and my ports work fine full speed.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    i luv u xara
    thanx dudes....

ill see what happens when i download something with a lot of seed and few leechers (gonna be hard to find)

and also im gonna play with my ports...

thanx again

*****edit***** i did the port changes... and it has gotten a lot better....

getting speeds of 40 - 100 on one torrent, and 20-30 to the others....

not sure if it was the port changes... but anyways.....
    dude!!!
    la cucaracha, la cucaracha, ya no puede caminar...

- JOIN our fold@home team... ... something about genetics n' stuff
    -i just had a pm conversation with MYSELF!!!... ... ...wow... that's sad

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    the port you had it on might be in use by another program... With A.Z. you can check the port before you use it...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Originally posted by ofbz@7 August 2004 - 04:38

You can use natcheck to see if a port is accessable

Use the speed test at DSL Reports to check your up/down speed

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by ZaZu@9 August 2004 - 01:41
    Use the speed test at DSL Reports to check your up/down speed
    Sadly, most speed tests online use HTTP ports only.

Thus, ISPs which block and throttle non-HTTP ports can always tell you to go there, run those tests, then say "There's nothing wrong with your connection, you stupid L-user!"