Thread: A Strange

hello guys n gals..

smetimes when i dwonlaod some video file trough kaaza lite.... i can watch the video ONLY when it is BEING downloaded..

but when te downloading is complete.. and i open it in some player.. like merdia
    player.. i get an error message saying...

"no license" opr something like it....
    at the moment i have some files comelted but i m not able tio wathc them....
    jet audio dont display any error.. and nothing...
    but edia player tried to connect to some server (when i m connected to internt) amd a small download is in prgress.. somethign license...potected license...

WHAT IS IT?
    and how to play these files...
    Crazy about filesharing

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    That means that those files are DRM protected. Which essentially means that you can only play them in Windows Media Player AND that you need to pay money to acquire a license to play it.

Simply don't download .wmv to avoid these worthless files. Stick to .avi .ogm .mkv .mp4 and .mpeg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    oh i c.....

so what shuld i fdo with these files..
    Crazy about filesharing

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by nabeelisnabeel+8 August 2004 - 21:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nabeelisnabeel &#064; 8 August 2004 - 21:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>oh i c.....

so what shuld i fdo with these files..[/b]

Hi nabeelisnabeel,
    Question for ya: was "Artist" for these files identified as "Unknown"?

Check out my reply in this....thread ....for a little more info.

Yes, these .wmv&#39;s are becoming a pain.
    Just about anytime you download some video files with K-Lite (as well as other P2P Filesharing Programs I&#39;m sure) you&#39;ll get these mixed in with good video files. Everything seems fine until you get to the point you described.

<!--QuoteBegin-Entity101

That means that those files are DRM protected. Which essentially means that you can only play them in Windows Media Player AND that you need to pay money to acquire a license to play it.[/quote]

Seems you possibly have two choices:

1) Pay the man, download the license and, you&#39;ll see in the thread link above, that you will probably end up with your browser hijacked and loaded with plenty of spyware, trojans, and who knows what else.
    If you do decide to buy the license please make sure you have Spybot S&D and Ad-aware installed, you&#39;ll be needing them. Oh, also be sure to have the HijackThis&#33; program.

2) delete those files you have, put .wmv in your search filter and avoid downloading them in the future.

They are simply not worth the hassle.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

mrlessk