Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: All The Pubs Are Closed :(

manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by decaftar+7 August 2004 - 13:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (decaftar @ 7 August 2004 - 13:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-manker@7 August 2004 - 11:46
    Apparently so, they named a whole district after her orgasmic tendencies. Never did find out who she was though.
    Pennycomequick dates back to the time when that part of England was called South Wales.

The original spelling was pen-y-cwm-kwiuk, and means Head of the creek.

Another useless fact. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think Devon was ever called South Wales matey

I think you&#39;re making the rest up too. Pen-y-cwm would mean head of the valley and Kwiuk is the most un-Welsh sounding word I&#39;ve ever heard. I&#39;ll eat some humble pie if link to a source though
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by manker+7 August 2004 - 12:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 7 August 2004 - 12:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by decaftar@7 August 2004 - 13:38
    <!--QuoteBegin-manker
    @7 August 2004 - 11:46
    Apparently so, they named a whole district after her orgasmic tendencies. Never did find out who she was though.

Pennycomequick dates back to the time when that part of England was called South Wales.

Another useless fact.

I think you&#39;re making the rest up too. Pen-y-cwm would mean head of the valley and Kwiuk is the most un-Welsh sounding word I&#39;ve ever heard. I&#39;ll eat some humble pie if link to a source though [/b][/quote]
    you cant get better than a kwuick fit fitter, we&#39;re the ones to trust.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by manker+7 August 2004 - 13:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 7 August 2004 - 13:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    <!--QuoteBegin-manker

Another useless fact.

I think you&#39;re making the rest up too. Pen-y-cwm would mean head of the valley and Kwiuk is the most un-Welsh sounding word I&#39;ve ever heard. I&#39;ll eat some humble pie if link to a source though [/b][/quote]
    Be even better if it was made up, I could se how many people I could convince of it.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by Withcheese+7 August 2004 - 12:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 7 August 2004 - 12:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by manker@7 August 2004 - 13:47
    <!--QuoteBegin-manker

Another useless fact.

I think you&#39;re making the rest up too. Pen-y-cwm would mean head of the valley and Kwiuk is the most un-Welsh sounding word I&#39;ve ever heard. I&#39;ll eat some humble pie if link to a source though
    Be even better if it was made up, I could se how many people I could convince of it. [/b][/quote]
    your avatar sucks.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by Withcheese+7 August 2004 - 13:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 7 August 2004 - 13:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    <!--QuoteBegin-manker

Another useless fact.

Be even better if it was made up, I could se how many people I could convince of it. [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s plausible. Cornish and Welsh are pretty similar languages, True or not I think the local Janners slappers will be well impressed with your local anecdote
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by manker+7 August 2004 - 13:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 7 August 2004 - 13:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Withcheese@7 August 2004 - 13:51
    <!--QuoteBegin-manker

Another useless fact.

Be even better if it was made up, I could se how many people I could convince of it.
    It&#39;s plausible. Cornish and Welsh are pretty similar languages, True or not I think the local Janners slappers will be well impressed with your local anecdote [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s got to be better than using my post count to impress them.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    UcanRock2's Avatar Phantom Gander
    Originally posted by Withcheese@7 August 2004 - 04:16
    Just went out to get some hair of the dog and all the pubs are closed.

Stupid football season kicks off today and my home team are playing Millwall, everyone is scared of getting their place&#39;s trashed.

Apart from Wetherspoons...but they&#39;re not a real pub.

What to do?
    Have 24 hour liquor stores here

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by UcanRock2+7 August 2004 - 15:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UcanRock2 @ 7 August 2004 - 15:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@7 August 2004 - 04:16

Stupid football season kicks off today and my home team are playing Millwall, everyone is scared of getting their place&#39;s trashed.

What to do?
    Have 24 hour liquor stores here [/b][/quote]
    Ours have to stop serving alkiehall at 11pm and can&#39;t serve again until some time in the morning. I guess this law must be linked in with our pub closing times (which originate from the second world war )

9. Lounge   -   #19
    UcanRock2's Avatar Phantom Gander
    Originally posted by Withcheese+7 August 2004 - 08:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese &#064; 7 August 2004 - 08:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by UcanRock2@7 August 2004 - 15:52
    <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese
    @7 August 2004 - 04:16

What to do?

Ours have to stop serving alkiehall at 11pm and can&#39;t serve again until some time in the morning. I guess this law must be linked in with our pub closing times (which originate from the second world war ) [/b][/quote]
    The pubs are open until 3am, liquor store open 24 hours, even have 24 hour grocery store...

Hop across the border, and convenient stores sell beer, and they&#39;re open 24 hours.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by UcanRock2+7 August 2004 - 16:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UcanRock2 @ 7 August 2004 - 16:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Withcheese@7 August 2004 - 08:11
    Originally posted by UcanRock2@7 August 2004 - 15:52
    <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese
    @7 August 2004 - 04:16

What to do?

Ours have to stop serving alkiehall at 11pm and can&#39;t serve again until some time in the morning. I guess this law must be linked in with our pub closing times (which originate from the second world war )
    The pubs are open until 3am, liquor store open 24 hours, even have 24 hour grocery store...

Hop across the border, and convenient stores sell beer, and they&#39;re open 24 hours.
    [/b][/quote]
    Yes but you fail to mention the drawbacks.

#1 Your beer tastes like piss :x

#2 Your average beer drinking Brit would need to start imbibing by 10am to feel even a slight effect by the time the pub singer started.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast