1st Division
    2nd Division
    3rd Division

Now it's:

Premiership
    Championship
    League One
    League Two

To add further insult to injury it's all sponsered by Coca-Cola so we have in fact got the Coca-Cola Championship.

Blah. I hate the new names.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    BANNED
    wcheese!!i support the change,"additional morale" in the tornament..

3. Lounge   -   #3
    threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    i have no idea why they did it...what is the point? i don't see how it will attract more revenue and as for coca cola...do they even need to advertise? I reckon we should go back to the old days with divs 1-4. It made it seem as though they were not world's apart but now, different story. i don't really see much lower division footy cos it is all premership this and that or champions league. And as for match of the day...only good if you support one of the four top teams (man u, arsenal, chelsea, liverpool) cos they are usually the main feature.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    How will I explain to my future offspring the exploits of Plymouth Argyle?

"Well son. They were in the Championship, which in those days was called the second division but they got relegated to the League One which was then renamed division one, then they got themselves relegated to the old division four which was then called division three but is now called League two..."

Any offspring of mine will be a NUFC fan but the fact still remains it will be confusing as feck for all us "stattos" out there trying to remember the good old days...

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Cheese, forget having kids...it just ain't worth it now...think about it...was marathons, now snickers...opal fruits, now star burst...jif, now cif...

what is happening with the world? too many good names getting changed...why???

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by threelions00@7 August 2004 - 22:53
    Cheese, forget having kids...it just ain't worth it now...think about it...was marathons, now snickers...opal fruits, now star burst...jif, now cif...

what is happening with the world? too many good names getting changed...why???
    My name is being changed to AvecFromage by decree from Brussels...

7. Lounge   -   #7
    may have to change mine too if the government decide that you can't count lions in threes....

8. Lounge   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Hiya lads

I've just come home form a night in the capitral and beer is a facotr but honestly. Sponsoship is making our game great, the "carling premiership" has elevated the cannon league division one to a staus where it is the most wathed league in the world. and the money has made it probably the best standard.

Go Sky
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by manker@8 August 2004 - 03:42
    Hiya lads

I've just come home form a night in the capitral and beer is a facotr but honestly. Sponsoship is making our game great, the "carling premiership" has elevated the cannon league division one to a staus where it is the most wathed league in the world. and the money has made it probably the best standard.

Go Sky
    I'm all for sponsorship but where does it all end? Will they rename all the leaugues?

Anyone got any ideas of what they should call the other leagues?

I'd call League Two (old third/older fourth division) the Lamership...perhaps.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by Withcheese@8 August 2004 - 08:16
    I'd call League Two (old third/older fourth division) the Lamership...perhaps.
    Or the Pieceofship
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast