Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question About Guide To Making High Quality Mp3s

Yeah I was fiddle farting around with this system using EAC and LAME. I got everything to work alright but the tracks that I chose to share are being displayed at only 128kbps and the track lenghth is way off. When I check in 'My Kazaa Lite' one particular track length is being shown as 7:15 when in actual fact the track itself is little more than 4 minutes long. The file size (6796kb) would indicate that if indeed the track lenght was 7+ minutes than it should be classifed as 128kbps but this is not the case. I am all about trying to share the best quality music that I can but this system to me seems a little misleading to the person looking for a high quality MP3. Anyone got any ideas on why this may be happening?

2. Music   -   #2
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Nope sorry i don't!
    But i use Audiocatalyst! And it rips in Joint Stereo... sounds bloody great!
    In every bitrate you like! (file size and lenght match all the time)

Try that and lose the other program!

3. Music   -   #3
    Poster
    Dont listen to rocktron and loose the program your using,as its widely considered the best ripping program out there,i use it fine.
    I noticed a bug in my kazaa that doesnt show the correct bitrate so dont believe what it says.You need to go through your setting for EAC,im sure there is a drop down menu that allows you to select the bitrate.You could always go to the EAC site and look at help...just persevere with it.

4. Music   -   #4
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Maybe this is a bug in kazaa, that it cant handle VBR files correctly.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. Music   -   #5
    Don't worry. It is a bug in Kazaa. VBR files are not handeld correctly by Kazaa and WMP.

Also there is no need to adjust the bitrate settings in EAC as long as you use Lame and the alt-preset-standard switch as it is included in the configurationfiles provided by Chris Myden.

This alt-preset-standard switch overrides the EAC settings, because Lame is used as an external encoder.

For those of you that can read Dutch. There is a Dutch translation of the Guide To Making High Quality Mp3s available at www.museekster.com

6. Music   -   #6
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Hi y'all, got a queastion about EAC:
    Im trying to get them TAG infos by hitting ALT-G and it says "Error- Server Error"
    Is that because the server is down or do i have my EAC setup wrong?
    Getting tired of typing all the info....
    Peace:

-GS-
    Spoiler: Show

7. Music   -   #7
    Maybe the server is down.

You can select another freedb server. There is an add more servers somewhere in EAC settings.

I have not got EAC here so I cannot point you to the right option now.(@work)

Let me know if you cannot find it. I'll have a look at it whem I am @home.

I will check out your shared files this evening also. I just love these HQ rips and with the upload speed you have......

8. Music   -   #8
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    I dont know how to chance the server settings on freedb.
    If you know how, send a PM or post it here please. Some other ppl has been wondering too.
    And if you like HQ mp3's, you should give SoulSeek a try. Join us in KLF-MusicWorld.

cheers:

-GS-

9. Music   -   #9
    Poster
    • to change freedb server in eac
    • press F12
    • on freedb tab press get active freedb server list
    • click the drop down box and choose a server from the list

10. Music   -   #10
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by Jg427@26 March 2003 - 03:20
    • to change freedb server in eac
    • press F12
    • on freedb tab press get active freedb server list
    • click the drop down box and choose a server from the list
    Thank you Jg427 ! !

You got any other "secrets" i need to know about EAC?
    Im currently collecting info, making a offline version of the pinned guide, and sharing it in the KAZAA.
    Woah, now i dont have to type those tags again. Thank you once again.

Cheers:

-GS-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast