Thread: Half Downloads

SAL@KAZAA
    :helpsmile: i am new to this, sorry if i seem dumb. i can download songs no prob, but every now and again i get one that even though it downloaded it cuts of half way through playing. one song i have downloaded about 15 times each time different source but i cant seem to get it right. it either plays up or cuts out pkease help.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    there are a lot of corrupt or garbage files out there. did you know that? if the song cuts out half way through, you probably downloaded one of them.

and some songs seem to have a lot of corrupt files. so, if you tried to download the same song 15 times and it still didn't work (but other songs you download DO work), it's probably because that particular song is one of those that are prone to be garbage or corrupt (for example, if you try to download Dido's "Whiteflag"...you'll find most of the files which appear to be available are actually garbage).

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    seanymph36
    [FONT=Arial]It's not just "White Flag" that does that, I have not been able to get a complete download of any of her songs. This has only happened on onw other artist besides Dido and it only happened on one of her songs. (Janice Joplin's Me and Bobby McGee) Any ideas why its only her songs that are doing this? Every other artists song's download and play just fine. Help!! Pleae!!!!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Hi....actually, it's *not* just Dido songs...I just used that as an example...there's many others as well. If you try to download "one" by U2, you'll see what I mean.

If you come across a song for which many of the files seems to be bogus or incomplete you just need to keep trying. Meanwhile, before you try download, check the "song length" field...make sure the file length is the same as the original song is. This is no guarantee of success, but at least it's a good starting point.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by seanymph36@18 July 2004 - 11:30
    (Janice Joplin's Me and Bobby McGee)
    Actually it's Kris Kristoffersons' Me and Bobby McGee (If it sounds country man that's what it is! Its a country song&#33

PS I'm a fully paid-up member of Pedants-r-us and the KK fan club! Give him a try - you might like the real thing!

and it wont be a corrupt download!!
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    darkzhades
    Originally posted by oldjagman+26 July 2004 - 01:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (oldjagman @ 26 July 2004 - 01:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-seanymph36@18 July 2004 - 11:30
    (Janice Joplin&#39;s Me and Bobby McGee)
    Actually it&#39;s Kris Kristoffersons&#39; Me and Bobby McGee (If it sounds country man that&#39;s what it is&#33; Its a country song&#33

PS I&#39;m a fully paid-up member of Pedants-r-us and the KK fan club&#33; Give him a try - you might like the real thing&#33;

and it wont be a corrupt download&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    KK did write the song, but since me (JJ) and Bobby McGee (KK) &#39;had a thing going on&#39; and he wrote the song for her, I think that would technically makes it her song at least as much as his. Not that that&#39;s got anything to do with this forum, but pedantic is what pedant does.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    ben7370
    i also keep getting the corrupt files, i think luck is not on my side :helpsmile: