Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Golden Boot

manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by Withcheese+14 August 2004 - 16:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 14 August 2004 - 16:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-manker@14 August 2004 - 15:46
    Henry and Reyes aren&#39;t going to complement each other that well - I hope - so Henry will not be as effective this year and Reyes is more of a winger, not an out and out goalscorer. Drogba will be rotated a lot and will probably be outscored in the Chelsea team by Kezman.

Kluivert has never been a prolific scorer and Shearer is still living on that goal against Chelsea at the end of last season, neither get close to 20 goals. Baros is going to have an outstanding season but he seems a little injury prone to challenge for the golden boot. At present Liverpool don&#39;t have an attacking team anyway, although Benitez will probably change that around by Christmas.

Ruud is the man this year.
    Shearer nearly always gets over 20 goals a season. Unless he&#39;s side-lined due to injury or Robson&#39;s dementia then I reckon he&#39;ll get over a score again.

This post was brought to you with no hint of bias. [/b][/quote]
    Mine was a touch biased too

I should write that I made a typo in my post, I meant that neither Kluivert or Shearer will get near 20 this year.

Shearer has always been awesome. The best striker in the Premiership, right up until he turned down Man Utd for the Magpies in fact I still reckon he wont get in the team after Xmas -- at least he shouldn&#39;t if everyone is fit but sentiment and the fact that he sulks like a baby when he doesn&#39;t get his way, may well mean that he&#39;ll keep his spot.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by manker+14 August 2004 - 17:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 14 August 2004 - 17:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Withcheese@14 August 2004 - 16:24
    <!--QuoteBegin-manker
    @14 August 2004 - 15:46
    Henry and Reyes aren&#39;t going to complement each other that well - I hope - so Henry will not be as effective this year and Reyes is more of a winger, not an out and out goalscorer. Drogba will be rotated a lot and will probably be outscored in the Chelsea team by Kezman.

Kluivert has never been a prolific scorer and Shearer is still living on that goal against Chelsea at the end of last season, neither get close to 20 goals. Baros is going to have an outstanding season but he seems a little injury prone to challenge for the golden boot. At present Liverpool don&#39;t have an attacking team anyway, although Benitez will probably change that around by Christmas.

Shearer nearly always gets over 20 goals a season. Unless he&#39;s side-lined due to injury or Robson&#39;s dementia then I reckon he&#39;ll get over a score again.

This post was brought to you with no hint of bias.

I should write that I made a typo in my post, I meant that neither Kluivert or Shearer will get near 20 this year.

Shearer has always been awesome. The best striker in the Premiership, right up until he turned down Man Utd for the Magpies in fact I still reckon he wont get in the team after Xmas -- at least he shouldn&#39;t if everyone is fit but sentiment and the fact that he sulks like a baby when he doesn&#39;t get his way, may well mean that he&#39;ll keep his spot. [/b][/quote]
    Sportsman&#39;s bet then? Because I reckon Shearer will get over 20 goals this season.

Loser has to join Internet.news&#39; forum.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by Withcheese+14 August 2004 - 17:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 14 August 2004 - 17:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by manker@14 August 2004 - 17:16
    <!--QuoteBegin-manker

Shearer has always been awesome. The best striker in the Premiership, right up until he turned down Man Utd for the Magpies in fact I still reckon he wont get in the team after Xmas -- at least he shouldn&#39;t if everyone is fit but sentiment and the fact that he sulks like a baby when he doesn&#39;t get his way, may well mean that he&#39;ll keep his spot.
    Sportsman&#39;s bet then? Because I reckon Shearer will get over 20 goals this season.

Loser has to join Internet.news&#39; forum. [/b][/quote]

OK I&#39;ll go for that, didn&#39;t know he had one but I can just imagine what it&#39;s like - the bet loser has to be really active in there tho&#39; - 5 post per day average over a month or something.

Just to clarify, I meant Premiership goals
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by manker+14 August 2004 - 18:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 14 August 2004 - 18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Withcheese@14 August 2004 - 17:59
    Originally posted by manker@14 August 2004 - 17:16
    <!--QuoteBegin-manker

Loser has to join Internet.news&#39; forum.

OK I&#39;ll go for that, didn&#39;t know he had one but I can just imagine what it&#39;s like - the bet loser has to be really active in there tho&#39; - 5 post per day average over a month or something.

Just to clarify, I meant Premiership goals [/b][/quote]
    Moving the goalposts already eh?

Done.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    That&#39;s 1 for Shearer...only 19 more to go.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Withcheese@7 August 2004 - 22:42
    I reckon on Henry as well to be honest.

Though, with no hint of bias, I&#39;d like to see Shearer get it as he helps NUFC qualify for the Champions League in his last season of pro football.
    I agree. I think Shearer should get it. He is a perfect example to up and coming players. I have never seen him &#39;dive&#39;. when he gets &#39;hit&#39; he just carries on, if possible.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bigboab+14 August 2004 - 21:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 14 August 2004 - 21:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@7 August 2004 - 22:42
    I reckon on Henry as well to be honest.

Though, with no hint of bias, I&#39;d like to see Shearer get it as he helps NUFC qualify for the Champions League in his last season of pro football.
    I agree. I think Shearer should get it. He is a perfect example to up and coming players. I have never seen him &#39;dive&#39;. when he gets &#39;hit&#39; he just carries on, if possible. [/b][/quote]
    Idiot.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I would not class Shearer as an idiot. A sportsman yes.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bigboab@14 August 2004 - 22:08
    I would not class Shearer as an idiot. A sportsman yes.
    Sorry I wasn&#39;t clear.

You are an idiot. Now STFU.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday

I don&#39;t care who gets golden boot as long as it isn&#39;t a player from Man U or Arsenal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast