Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turn The Fucking System Restore 'off'

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    I just found that System Restore takes almost 4Gb of the HDD space, and it never ever works perfictly so why should reserve space for it. better way is to backup ur Windows with norton Ghost and save it to ur 2nd HDD.

any one wants to turn it off:
    Right Click on "My Computer", select "System Restore" From tap and Check "turn Of system....."

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Alternatively, right click My Computer, select Properties, click the System Restore tab, highlight a drive, click Settings and move the slider all the way to the left so it doesn't use as much space.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    why do u even want to use it, system restoring is usefull in case of any virus infection which system restore cant roll it back cuz virus's 1st attacks the resotre file just like wrom blaster

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Everytime i had to use my system restore,it worked like a charm.
    And viri infecting system restore are easily removed by disabling system restore first,and then do a virus scan.

I'm not switching it off,just for the 4gig of space
    Rather have 4 gigs less than having to format my pc after a fuck up.

hmm...asspie

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    System restore has helped me a number of times, mainly when I have fecked up my Soulseek installation (with my user lists on) and have always been able to get it back.

With 240gb of space I'm not exactly aching for storage either so I leave it on. There's no harm in leaving it on either if you aren't using all your HD, better to have it and not need it then...well you get my drift.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Filliz@8 August 2004 - 15:03
    And viri infecting system restore are easily removed by disabling system restore first,and then do a virus scan.

I'm not switching it off,just for the 4gig of space
    norton Ghost is more usefull then the shity Restore, u can have all of ur windows including installed program backedup and restore in in one click.

Benjamen button

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user+8 August 2004 - 12:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bawa@Klite_user @ 8 August 2004 - 12:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Filliz@8 August 2004 - 15:03

I&#39;m not switching it off,just for the 4gig of space &nbsp;
    norton Ghost is more usefull then the shity Restore, u can have all of ur windows including installed program backedup and restore in in one click. [/b][/quote]
    What about those of us who dislike Norton&#39;s products?

btw: Was it really necessary to swear in the title thread? It&#39;s not big and it&#39;s not clever.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    blah i also dislike norton&#33;

i use acronis true image
    works like a charm&#33;
    that kind of links are not alowed.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Withcheese+8 August 2004 - 15:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 8 August 2004 - 15:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@8 August 2004 - 12:37
    <!--QuoteBegin-Filliz
    @8 August 2004 - 15:03

I&#39;m not switching it off,just for the 4gig of space

norton Ghost is more usefull then the shity Restore, u can have all of ur windows including installed program backedup and restore in in one click.
    What about those of us who dislike Norton&#39;s products?

btw: Was it really necessary to swear in the title thread? It&#39;s not big and it&#39;s not clever. [/b][/quote]
    am just pissed cuz i didnt knew System restore was eating 4Gb and i dont even use it, my apology if it hurts u

Benjamen button

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    m8, i disable it also, i never used it, and it only eats hard drive space

also go to start --&#62; run --&#62; services.msc and disable the system restore service, itf you disbled system restore its still there eating memory
    that kind of links are not alowed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast