Thread: Recovery Option

which one do i choose? i want all my music video files save, most of it is on the G(drive) and some on the C(drive) which is the main drive. which one would be the best one to choose

Overview of Software Repair Tools

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your PC includes a set of tools to help resolve software problems quickly and easily.

Important: Prior to starting any of the steps below, it is strongly recommended that you create a set of System Recovery CDs or DVD and a Recovery Tools CD.

To create your System Recovery CDs or DVD, click Recovery CD-DVD Creator.

To create your Recovery Tools CD, click Recovery Tools CD.

Note: System Recovery CDs/DVD lets you recover your PC's original factory software setup in the event that you experience problems with your PC in the future and system software recovery is not available from the hard drive partition. They can also be used to reload your original software onto a replacement hard drive if you later choose to replace or upgrade your hard drive.

The Recovery Tools CD contains additional tools for managing your hard drive configuration, allocating drive space, and repairing certain software problems.

In the event that you experience a software problem on your PC, you can try fixing it with the recovery tools described below. In most cases, applying the tools in the following order is recommended:

1(Microsoft System Restore )- System Restore is a component of Window XP that you can use to restore your PC to a previous point in time, if a problem occurs, without losing your personal data files. To start Microsoft System Restore, click the link above.

2(Software/Driver Recovery )- The Software/Driver Recovery tool allows you to re-install some software programs and device drivers originally shipped pre-installed with the PC. If you are having a problem with a software program, use this tool to see if the drivers or software are available to be re-installed. To start Software/Driver Recovery click on the link above..

Note: Your software program may not be available for re-installation.

3(System Recovery) - The System Recovery program allows you to recover your PC's software to the original factory installation.

Caution: It is strongly recommended you first backup your PC to preserve your personal files prior to starting System Recovery.

System Recovery can be started from the following areas:
    Hard drive Recovery partition - To start from this area click the link above
    Recovery CDs or DVD
    Turning on the PC and pressing the F10 key when the colored logo screen appears.

For More Information
    For more information about using these and additional tools, please refer to the Users Guide that came with your PC.

3'1/2 Floppy(A)
    Dvd Drive(E)----Cd Drive
    CD-RW-Drive(F)
    Presario_RP(D------ LocalDisk 4.9Gb-----933mb Free---recovery drive
    Extra Drive(G--------LocalDisk 74.5Gb---7.21Gb Free---Bought drive ----NOTHIN BUT MUSIC FILES AND VIDEO FILES.(ONLY WANNA SAVE MUSIC AND VIDEO FILES)
    Presario C-------------LocalDisk 69.5Gb--12.7Gb Free---main drive--PROGRAMS , SOFTWARE, MUSIC AND VIDEO FILES(TRYIN TO SAVE ONLY THE VIDEO AND VIDEO FILES.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Is this the one you want? System Recovery - The System Recovery program allows you to recover your PC's software to the original factory installation. You should be able to leave your G: drive alone , but copy music from C: to G: first .You'll have to reinstall all your software , and critical updates , virus definitions , ETC. Gee good luck . I can't remember from your first post why you want too tho.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by peat moss@8 August 2004 - 19:27
    Is this the one you want? System Recovery - The System Recovery program allows you to recover your PC's software to the original factory installation.  You should be able to leave your  G: drive  alone , but copy music from C: to G: first .You'll have to reinstall all your software , and critical updates , virus definitions , ETC.  Gee good luck . I can't remember from your  first post why you want too tho.
    1 wont copy and paste packets on mirc
    2 takes a long time to load websites up(sometimes it wont load up)
    3.Yahoo messenger is up(i cant see my personal messages or others when writtin to me)
    4. when i leave my computer on overnight , and wake up to try to play my music files i dont hear no sound. i have to restart my computer everytime.( its seems like all my fequently USES on the computer are messing up but the rest is just fine.

My files on on c drive wont fit on g drive.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote: My files on on c drive wont fit on g drive.

Can you burn your music as MP3 files on to a dvd or cd ?

Or better yet do you have access to another harddrive? Pull the plug's on your cdrom, and hook up the secondary HD as a slave and copy music to it . Works like a charm .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by peat moss@8 August 2004 - 19:41

yes

i can burn it on a cd-r as an mp3 and hold up to 100 files

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by ZeroTolerance+8 August 2004 - 11:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ZeroTolerance @ 8 August 2004 - 11:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peat moss@8 August 2004 - 19:41

yes

i can burn it on a cd-r as an mp3 and hold up to 100 files [/b][/quote]
    Half way there &#33; Read my edit .

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ok. i dont have another drive, any other choices ?