Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer Restarts @ Xp Boot

My second comp when it boots up it shows the msge from microsoft saying "sorry for the inconvience that windows didnt properly blah blah blah, and it gives me a choice of going to safe mode, or boot normal windows xp. But when it loads the windows XP screen it just retarts and repeats the same procedure! What? now!?

By the way my sister said that she turn the computer off TWICE without proper shutdown. So you think it corrupted the whole xp?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    You need to find out what is failing so try the bootlog option.
    After you've done that try to boot into safe mode. If it succeeds you can look at the (hidden) file bootlog.txt which may tell you where the problem is.

If you can't get into safe mode you will need a boot disk of some sort. If your file system is Fat32 you can use a Win98 boot disk to get access to the drive and again look at bootlog.txt. If you are using NTFS then you will probably need to boot with your XP disk and go into recovery mode, but that's a bit too complicated to explain if you don't need it.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I've done the recovery crap.
    I just need to know what do I type "exactly."

all the options to boot are the same it wont budge, I heard its the powersupply?
    Or improper shut downs. Well my sister said that she did impropershut downs on the computer like turning the power button off twice that can ruin the PSU? will it? If so Il reformat and if its doesnt work il have to buy a new PSU. She did improper shut downs since the fans were loud so she thought its a fix if she shuts it down.

by the way no virus, no hardware installation, no driver installtion.

Generic 300W PSU
    256MB PC133
    XP PRO
    ECS K7SEM

should I retry to goto safe mode. Because its not budging I did it twice.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-familyptima'>&gt;&gt;FORUM&lt;&lt;</span></span></span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Are you the same person?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Yeah...
    This is my old account.
    I should use this one for now on lol.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    No-one can tell you what to type "exactly" unless you can supply more information about "exactly" what the problem is.

However, I can tell you that if it is getting to the boot stage it is extremely unlikely that the problem lies with the PSU.

It is possibly that you are getting a "BSOD (blue screen of death, an error screen detailing the cause of the problem) but if your system is set to automatically reboot after those errors (stupid option to have as default) you may not be seeing it.

The usual cause of these errors is a corrupted driver. Once again I will say that the file bootlog.txt after a failed logged boot will give information about which drivers have not successfully loaded. There won&#39;t be many such drivers, and once you know the possibilities it is relatively easy to replace some and temporarily disable others. However, without some information of this sort your only option is to reinstall.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    Is it not that blaster virus?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    The only thing I can say is this.
    1. Boots all the the stuff such as floppy, cdrom, hd and etc.
    2. It shows the Improper Shutdown Selection (looks like DOS)
    3. Tried all of the option&#39;s and for a split milisecond I see a blue screen and just restarts after that. Same procedure as before.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    just do a repair install (or format)...without getting into windows i doubt there is any way u can try to diagnose this problem.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    lynx's Avatar .
    I&#39;ve told him twice how to find the info, if he can&#39;t be bothered doing it why should we bother trying to help?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast