Thread: Makind Dvd Movie From Spiderman

i downloaded spiderman 2 avi file, it's size is 714 megs, io have a dvd burnewer and i would like to know the best way to mamke a dvd out of this that will play on a stand alone dvd player,
    i made a dvd with click to dvd, and it played on my computer dvd, but i got a message that said cd was dirty on the sytand alone player,
    i am trying to make a dvd movie with nero, and i got a message that said it was to long a file so it gave me the option to compress it and make it a less quality which i am trying.
    is it better to make a svcd a dvd which program will work best to make thew best quality movie and which is better dvd or svcd,
    also how big a file can i use to make a dvd movie, don't understand why a 750 meg file won't fit on a 4 and a half gig dvd
    please give me some insight thanks
    billy

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Retired
    you cannot inprove the quality of the downloaded file.

you can burn a .mpg on a cd-r/DVD-r and play it on your DVD player.

You can convert .avi to .mpg check the guides for info.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    exo_body's Avatar Poster
    use "WINavi" to turn it into a dvd, works great. then jus copy the files into the "Video" folder using nero. works fine everytime for me with .avi files, ones as big as 1400mb (joined them together)

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by exo_body@8 August 2004 - 15:31
    use "WINavi" to turn it into a dvd, works great. then jus copy the files into the "Video" folder using nero. works fine everytime for me with .avi files, ones as big as 1400mb (joined them together)
    I tried WinAVI a few days ago but there doesnt seem to be any menu support for it (plus it froze up my system). If you ask me thats a must have.

Use TMPGEnc. Get the all in one file from SuprNova.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    not trying to improve just preseve the quality i already have, and fransfer it to cd the best way so it can be pjayed by a stand alone cd player
    does anyone know why advd format makes a 700 meg avi into a whoppng 4 plus gig movie
    thanks
    billy

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by pbilly@9 August 2004 - 03:01
    not trying to improve just preseve the quality i already have, and fransfer it to cd the best way so it can be pjayed by a stand alone cd player
    does anyone know why advd format makes a 700 meg avi into a whoppng 4 plus gig movie
    thanks
    billy
    The file you downloaded is probably in a divx or xvid format which both offer better compression ratio than mpeg2 (SVCD and DVD use mpeg2).

Your best option is to convert into dvd (better quality than svcd) using a high bitrate then use dvd shrink to fit on to 1 dvd r disc.
    Robert00000

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    try a little proggie called neoDVDplus5 easiest way to turn .avi to dvd