Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ike Re Doom Topics Being Merged

(>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    hi

i have posted in here, rather than &#39;about this forum&#39;, as i would like the reaction of others who inhabit gameworld, hope you don&#39;t mind.

I understand, sorta, the decision to try and keep the doom topics together but i feel at this point is an unwise decision.

As the game is so popular and is just out there are a lot of things to discuss, gameplay, tips, mods, machine specs etc. To have all of these in one thread makes it nigh impossble to discuss as people are posting replies constantly to different subjects. Another problem i have is that there are a number of spoilers in the thread, whereby people asking for tips or giving info about the game at stages many of us have not reached, and therefore spoiling the shock or excitment. I don&#39;t wanna post a link to mod links only to find out that the game has this or this, like watching a film and sitting beside someone who has already seen it and keeps going &#39;&#39;oh the next bit is where.....&#39;&#39;. nor do i want to trail through numerous pages to find the best setup for the game.

My suggestion is to allow there to be various threads pertaining to the game, or even a subforum. Allowing conversations and discussions to be held without everyone getting mixed up. Perhaps after some time when interest has died down then delete or merge them. e.g when far cry came out everyone was dicussing it but now there is hardly a mention.

Anyway this is not meant by any means as a flame nor a complaint merely my thoughts, I would be interested to see what others think and what ike or another mod thinks.

Thanks

zc

2. Games   -   #2
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I agree. I made a Halo2 topic and was directed to the other the Halo topics. WTF&#33; There is no way you can mix people askinfg about cheats, having problems with the game, tweaks, ect. crammed into one foum thread, it&#39;s too disorganized and hard to read through.

3. Games   -   #3
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I was just bitching to my sister about the same thing. The one topic thing doesn&#39;t work.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

4. Games   -   #4
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)@9 August 2004 - 01:16
    hi

i have posted in here, rather than &#39;about this forum&#39;, as i would like the reaction of others who inhabit gameworld, hope you don&#39;t mind.

I understand, sorta, the decision to try and keep the doom topics together but i feel at this point is an unwise decision.

As the game is so popular and is just out there are a lot of things to discuss, gameplay, tips, mods, machine specs etc. To have all of these in one thread makes it nigh impossble to discuss as people are posting replies constantly to different subjects. Another problem i have is that there are a number of spoilers in the thread, whereby people asking for tips or giving info about the game at stages many of us have not reached, and therefore spoiling the shock or excitment. I don&#39;t wanna post a link to mod links only to find out that the game has this or this, like watching a film and sitting beside someone who has already seen it and keeps going &#39;&#39;oh the next bit is where.....&#39;&#39;. nor do i want to trail through numerous pages to find the best setup for the game.

My suggestion is to allow there to be various threads pertaining to the game, or even a subforum. Allowing conversations and discussions to be held without everyone getting mixed up. Perhaps after some time when interest has died down then delete or merge them. e.g when far cry came out everyone was dicussing it but now there is hardly a mention.

Anyway this is not meant by any means as a flame nor a complaint merely my thoughts, I would be interested to see what others think and what ike or another mod thinks.

Thanks

zc
    Well said, I have thought the same thing as i&#39;m sure most other people in this section have.

5. Games   -   #5
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by RGX+9 August 2004 - 17:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RGX @ 9 August 2004 - 17:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-(>Zero Cool<)@9 August 2004 - 01:16
    hi

As the game is so popular and is just out there are a lot of things to discuss, gameplay, tips, mods, machine specs etc. To have all of these in one thread makes it nigh impossble to discuss as people are posting replies constantly&nbsp; to different subjects. Another problem i have is that there are a number of spoilers in the thread, whereby people asking for tips or giving info about the game at stages many of us have not reached, and therefore spoiling the shock or excitment. I don&#39;t wanna post a link to mod links only to find out that the game has this or this, like watching a film and sitting beside someone who has already seen it and keeps going &#39;&#39;oh the next bit is where.....&#39;&#39;. nor do i want to trail through numerous pages to find the best setup for the game.

Thanks

zc
    Well said, I have thought the same thing as i&#39;m sure most other people in this section have. [/b][/quote]
    Me too. Makes sense.

If something warrants a seperate thread about Doom then we should be able to make a seperate thread about it. This has been the most active of topics during a slow time for the board so it makes little sense to stifle and effectivly censor people just for a few moaning voices.

6. Games   -   #6
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I think the temporary subforum is the best idea posed. (with a separator)

Having Doom III all over GameWorld ain&#39;t the way to go.

Regardless of that, there are Doom III thread that are similiar &#39;cause some folks either want to feel special or can&#39;t read worth 2 shits.

Keep in mind this started when cpt_azad started us all off with about 7 Doom III threads. That&#39;s what started the pinned topic in the first place.

Nice going.

Recently there were two Doom III spec threads on the first page.

PAY FUCKING ATTENTION.

The pinned thread is basically a "I just killed a monster" a monster thread or the "I just fell down this hole" thread.

Someone PM rookie for the subforum.

Case closed.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Games   -   #7
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    If we are gonna&#39; have that pinned thread then the mods have to be consistent.

Imagine the "why&#39;d I get moved when he didn&#39;t"-arguments that could start otherwise.

I&#39;m not sure about the pinned thing at all, anyway.

I mean, is this the M.O. for every subject that is popular now?
    I mean, where&#39;s the free ipod thread then?

Bad example I know, but there has been others.

It&#39;s just one game out of a million games out there.

8. Games   -   #8
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by SnnY@9 August 2004 - 14:15
    If we are gonna&#39; have that pinned thread then the mods have to be consistent.

Imagine the "why&#39;d I get moved when he didn&#39;t"-arguments that could start otherwise.

I&#39;m not sure about the pinned thing at all, anyway.

I mean, is this the M.O. for every subject that is popular now?
    I mean, where&#39;s the free ipod thread then?

Bad example I know, but there has been others.

It&#39;s just one game out of a million games out there.
    If people follow then yes when something is really popular then it deserves a pinned topic or subforum.

GTA San Andreas should get the same treatment.

As a matter of fact:

GTA San Andreas
    Halo 2
    Half-Life 2

are so popular that they deserve separate status.

(I like the sub-forum that 0-Cool suggested)

Once they aren&#39;t popular anymore they go back to gen-pop.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Games   -   #9
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    The temp forum for it is not a bad idea. Maybe do this for Half-life 2 as well. It&#39;s a matter of a few clicks to set up and as soon as it starts dying (say a week with no posts or a set time limit) then rip it down.

10. Games   -   #10
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Well, the temp forum thing does seem like a good idea now that I think of it.

As long as it isn&#39;t treated as a permanent thing.

I don&#39;t think people will be posting that much about it in a couple of weeks.
    Except for n00b&#39;s who have just gotten it, and can&#39;t figure out the bin thing, and so forth.

Oh and the ones who unpacked the archives and can&#39;t play mp when they get around to trying.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast