Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help With Xp Pro/ Clock Year Issue

Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    about 10 minutes ago, i was just tooling around the internet, when my PC just rebooted. After it loaded up, I moused over the clock in the lower right corner, and it said "Sunday, August 8, 9999".......I knew to look there because I have been having this problem for some time now, although I thought it was gone, since I have recently Ghosted my PC back to an earlier time. Now, you cant even manually change the year to 9999 cuz it dont go that high?! I have also seen it change to year 1981, 1970, and 1960 or something, but 9999 is the one i see the most, and as you all know, having the wrong year cause all sorts of screw ups. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Cuz i am at a total loss. This issue seems to random, so i cant narrow it down to any particular program or process. I searched the net for a clue, and came up with nothing. Hopefully you guys may be able to help. Thanks all.

Oh, and my BIOS is showing the correct time and year.
    ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe mobo P4 3.0ghz

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Have you tried an online virus scan? IF you have and it turned up nothing, get a second opinion from another service just to make sure; there's a pinned topic that links to several.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    It sounds like a hardware problem.. Maybe CMOS bat is dieing? Something is over heating?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@8 August 2004 - 18:01
    It sounds like a hardware problem.. Maybe CMOS bat is dieing? Something is over heating?
    Does it? Why is the time correct in BIOS then?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Just had another thought, you haven't got a third-party clock synch program running have you? I did hear a few years ago that one of those was booby-trapped and if a crack or illegal serial was used it'd randomly change the system time.

Have you tried changing the time server that XP uses to update the clock time?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I could replace the battery just to be sure, and as for overheating, i would like to belive all is weel, as asus probe says all is fine, plus the 2 tornado fans blowing at 300mph, lol

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    yes, i did change the time server about 30 minutes ago to tock.usno.navy.mil and no, i have never used one of those time sync programs

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Mïcrösöül°V³@8 August 2004 - 14:15
    yes, i did change the time server about 30 minutes ago to tock.usno.navy.mil and no, i have never used one of those time sync programs
    Here is what I use

time.windows.com

It works very well. No problems B)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I would replace the CMOS battery, they are inexpensive and it will probably solve your problem.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by firefox@8 August 2004 - 21:03
    I would replace the CMOS battery, they are inexpensive and it will probably solve your problem.
    ya know, you could be right cuz i didnt have this problem untill i had this new mobo for about 3 months, then it started. Ill replace the battery. thanks all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast