Thread: Making Files Available

I am using K-Lite. I want others to be able to download some of my files.

I have put the files I want made available into the "My Shared Folder" set up in K-Lite.

I then did a search with K-Lite, expecting to see my files available for download, but the files don't turn up.

Can you please help?

Thanks!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by weezil0@7 August 2004 - 19:26

I have put the files I want made available into the "My Shared Folder" set up in K-Lite.

I then did a search with K-Lite, expecting to see my files available for download, but the files don't turn up.

Can you please help?

Thanks!
    your files won't display if you search

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by Vargas+8 August 2004 - 00:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vargas @ 8 August 2004 - 00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-weezil0@7 August 2004 - 19:26

I then did a search with K-Lite, expecting to see my files available for download, but the files don&#39;t turn up.

Can you please help?

Thanks&#33;
    your files won&#39;t display if you search [/b][/quote]
    Well there&#39;s a revoltin&#39; development... Of course, I&#39;d kinda expected that all files available anywhere on the network would display.

S&#39;okay, I&#39;ll use one of the other machines on my network to see if the file is truly available for others to grab.

Thanks&#33;

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    OK, I searched for the file via another machine on my network. It does not turn up. This may be due to both clients presenting to the world as being at the same IP address.

Could someone kindly search for a file called "toursleazy_video_01.AVI"?

Thanks muchly.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by weezil0@7 August 2004 - 20:00
    all files available anywhere on the network would display.

S&#39;okay, I&#39;ll use one of the other machines on my network to see if the file is truly available for others to grab.

Thanks&#33;
    you&#39;ll have to connect to the same supernode to find your files with a search. kazaa doesn&#39;t search the entire network.

if you want to have your friends download your files, you should give them sig2dat links so the searching is done automaticly.

on a side note, you can look what youre sharing. with IE, if you look here: http://127.0.0.1:1214
    (just replace 1214 with the port you have kazaa configured to operate on.)

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by Vargas@8 August 2004 - 01:37

if you want to have your friends download your files, you should give them sig2dat links so the searching is done automaticly.
    Not being familiar with sig2dat, I searched it up. I&#39;ve downloaded it but I can&#39;t quite figure out what it&#39;s supposed to do&#33; It&#39;s a bit complex...

on a side note,&nbsp; you can look what youre sharing. with IE, if you look here: http://127.0.0.1:1214
    That works. I get a web page where the files I want to share appear as links. However, I&#39;m still not sure if the rest of the world can see them.

Thanks again&#33;

Not being familiar with sig2dat, I searched it up. I&#39;ve downloaded it but I can&#39;t quite figure out what it&#39;s supposed to do&#33; It&#39;s a bit complex...

on a side note,&nbsp; you can look what youre sharing. with IE, if you look here: http://127.0.0.1:1214
    That works. I get a web page where the files I want to share appear as links. However, I&#39;m still not sure if the rest of the world can see them.

Thanks again&#33;

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by weezil0@8 August 2004 - 03:25

on a side note, you can look what youre sharing. with IE, if you look here: http://127.0.0.1:1214

Thanks again&#33;
    Well they can.. trust me&#33;

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Vargas you&#39;re wrong &#33; I&#39;ve seen my own files displayed after searchin really really long.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    And jump supernodes(i forgot to add)

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by EPAPDLEV@9 August 2004 - 19:45
    Vargas you&#39;re wrong &#33; I&#39;ve seen my own files displayed after searchin really really long.
    well i guess if you have ASM on and you jump supernodes like a monkey on speed, you might get results for your files from a supernode you are no longer connected to.