Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wtf With My New Internet Connection

Poster
    well i did get a little bit of speed in bittorrent, now i can get up to 50KB, but i want more, anyone know something else i should do?

IS it ok if i call the ISp and tell them about this??

ANd what should i say:

Can you pleaz release kazaa and bittorrent ports so i can download lots of pron and software quickly?

Thank you....

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    rogers is great for me my only guesss is that some ports are blocked by a router or firewall.

although since i have teh cheap 128k connection, download at about 20kb/s, i guess i wouldn't notice it being throttled.

edit: where in canada do u live? im guesing somewhere in ontario right?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@11 August 2004 - 02:19
    rogers is great for me my only guesss is that some ports are blocked by a router or firewall.

although since i have teh cheap 128k connection, download at about 20kb/s, i guess i wouldn't notice it being throttled.

damn, if you got the cheap and you download at the same speed as you im definitely changing into the 128k one, no need to pay 5mb connection if it doesnt work

BTW im not behind a router and my firewall is set-up to allow bittornado to download everything...

And yes i am in ontario, waterloo B)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Cygnuz&#045;Y+10 August 2004 - 21:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cygnuz-Y @ 10 August 2004 - 21:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@11 August 2004 - 02:19

although since i have teh cheap 128k connection, download at about 20kb/s, i guess i wouldn&#39;t notice it being throttled.

damn, if you got the cheap and you download at the same speed as you im definitely changing into the 128k one, no need to pay 5mb connection if it doesnt work

BTW im not behind a router and my firewall is set-up to allow bittornado to download everything...

And yes i am in ontario, waterloo B) [/b][/quote]
    email rogers asking about it.
    what are they gonna do?

could just be a limit of whatever u are trying to download&#39;s seeders&#092;sharers.

kool, im in keswick.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+11 August 2004 - 03:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 11 August 2004 - 03:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Cygnuz&#045;Y@10 August 2004 - 21:42
    <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004
    @11 August 2004 - 02:19

although since i have teh cheap 128k connection, download at about 20kb/s, i guess i wouldn&#39;t notice it being throttled.

And yes i am in ontario, waterloo B)
    email rogers asking about it.
    what are they gonna do?

could just be a limit of whatever u are trying to download&#39;s seeders&#092;sharers.

kool, im in keswick. [/b][/quote]
    It doesnt matter what i try to download, if its on Kazaa or Bit it doesnt go higher than 50 Kb....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    Only thing i can think of is ports being throttled but it&#39;s already been mentioned. So i&#39;m not too sure. Best email them about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12