Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Upping The Vcore

  1. #1
    I have a FIC AN17 and Athlon XP 2200+. I want to get a better OC. I think my cpu is only being clocked at 1.67 stock. If Im correct thats 2000+ speed?

    But anyways, I want to get a better OC, its currently at 1.925 GHz.

    TIA
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.


  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Depends which motherboard and bios you are using, but it is somewhere in the bios options. You should have to change something like "System Voltages" from "Default" to "User Define" or something like that, then you will be able to manually select how much voltage you want going to your vDimm, AGP, Vcore, Chipset, etc...
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Posts
    3,103
    be very careful when upping the vcore, among other things it will up your cpu temp

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    mattesca's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Texas (near bigdawgfoxx)
    Posts
    249
    yeah it will alot
    AMD Mobile 2400XP @ 2500Mhz 1.75Vcore = 2.5Ghz
    Abit NF7-S with SP-97 heatsink
    OCZ 2X256MB Pc3200 2-2-2-5
    Antec 400watt PSU
    120GB WD HDD
    MSI 9800XT
    Soundblaster Live 5.1
    Black Chieftec Matrix w/ 5BlueLED Case Fans
    800watt Sony/Bose Speaker System

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,810
    Unless you&#39;ve changed the heatsink on the chipset, I would not recommend trying to overclock any further with that motherboard. Mobo temps of 70C seem to be the result even with standard clock speed.

    Even if you have chenged it you need to be aware that temp reporting is not very good. It got a very poor review (here), and although that report does seem to indicate that you can vary the core voltage, you should be very wary about doing so.
    .
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by lynx@10 August 2004 - 07:14
    Unless you&#39;ve changed the heatsink on the chipset, I would not recommend trying to overclock any further with that motherboard. Mobo temps of 70C seem to be the result even with standard clock speed.

    Even if you have chenged it you need to be aware that temp reporting is not very good. It got a very poor review (here), and although that report does seem to indicate that you can vary the core voltage, you should be very wary about doing so.
    Thanks for the info.

    I just put my finger on the shipset heatsink and it is very hot. Where would be a good place to get a new/better one and does anyone have any recomendations?
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.


  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,810
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy+10 August 2004 - 18:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SingaBoiy &#064; 10 August 2004 - 18:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lynx@10 August 2004 - 07:14
    Unless you&#39;ve changed the heatsink on the chipset, I would not recommend trying to overclock any further with that motherboard. Mobo temps of 70C seem to be the result even with standard clock speed.

    Even if you have chenged it you need to be aware that temp reporting is not very good. It got a very poor review (here), and although that report does seem to indicate that you can vary the core voltage, you should be very wary about doing so.
    Thanks for the info.

    I just put my finger on the shipset heatsink and it is very hot. Where would be a good place to get a new/better one and does anyone have any recomendations? [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m not sure, fingers are very hard to replace, better look after the one you&#39;ve got.










    j/k
    I think Clocker&#39;s got a good heatsink, but I can&#39;t remember who makes it (maybe Zalman) or whether it will fit your mobo.

    Edit: I was right, it is the Zalman, there&#39;s a review here.
    .
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by lynx+10 August 2004 - 20:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx &#064; 10 August 2004 - 20:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@10 August 2004 - 18:02
    <!--QuoteBegin-lynx
    @10 August 2004 - 07:14
    Unless you&#39;ve changed the heatsink on the chipset, I would not recommend trying to overclock any further with that motherboard. Mobo temps of 70C seem to be the result even with standard clock speed.

    Even if you have chenged it you need to be aware that temp reporting is not very good. It got a very poor review (here), and although that report does seem to indicate that you can vary the core voltage, you should be very wary about doing so.

    Thanks for the info.

    I just put my finger on the shipset heatsink and it is very hot. Where would be a good place to get a new/better one and does anyone have any recomendations?
    I&#39;m not sure, fingers are very hard to replace, better look after the one you&#39;ve got.










    j/k
    I think Clocker&#39;s got a good heatsink, but I can&#39;t remember who makes it (maybe Zalman) or whether it will fit your mobo.

    Edit: I was right, it is the Zalman, there&#39;s a review here. [/b][/quote]
    I have the same one, it is very nice and works very well passivly so there&#39;s no noise at all.
    It is the Zalman NB47J
    Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.zalmanusa.com/upload/product/zm_nb47j_b_p.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.zalmanusa.com/upload/product/zm_nb47j_c_p.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    I highly recomend it
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •