Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Video Documents Kerry Flip Flops

Poster
    Forgive my simplicity of view, but surely the question one must ask oneself is "Would he make a good President ?".

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by J'Pol@11 August 2004 - 14:53
    Forgive my simplicity of view, but surely the question one must ask oneself is "Would he make a good President ?".
    If only you had brought that to our attention four years ago.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker+11 August 2004 - 22:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 11 August 2004 - 22:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@11 August 2004 - 14:53
    If only you had brought that to our attention four years ago. [/b][/quote]
    Sorry, I thought I had said.

My mistake.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Kerry?

No-he makes only an average Senator.

Great reverse full-pike double twisting flip-flopper though.

His attempts to evade (in the video) don&#39;t seem to be aided by his patented "nuanced" glibness.

I&#39;m sorry, I just can&#39;t stop.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@11 August 2004 - 22:37
    Kerry?

No-he makes only an average Senator.

Great reverse full-pike double twisting flip-flopper though.
    No mate, anybody.

The question relates to whoever is to be elected as President.

I don&#39;t really know how your system works. However ours works along the lines of - The Leader of the party which wins the most seats becomes the Prime Minister. In reality unless they win more than half of the total available then it&#39;s a waste of time. We have tried the coalition Govt thing and it doesn&#39;t really work.

So we are voting for - Our Local MP, The Party we wish to form the Government and the PM all at the same time. Does your system work in the same way, or is the election of the President separate from the elections to Senate / Congress.

Forgive my obvious ignorance, I quite enjoy it sometimes. It allows me to be unencumbered by facts. Which I find useful on occasion.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by j2k4@11 August 2004 - 16:32
    Something particularly funny is that, during a statement for the Senatorial record (I believe in 1986) Kerry said that while he was "...in Cambodia, where Nixon had sent us..." or some such bilge, he failed to note that he came home before Nixon was even inaugurated.

I fully realize though, that things like this don&#39;t count when one is of the ANYBODYBUTBUSH mind.
    More like the CANANYBODYBEBETTERTHANBUSH mind.

We wouldn&#39;t even be talking about Kerry if Dean hadn&#39;t "wigged out" a little in (I think) Iowa.

Kerry is a propped up Democratic candidate; someone "chosen after the culling" to beat Bush.

Much like Bush was chosen partly because of his last name.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@11 August 2004 - 16:45
    So we are voting for - Our Local MP, The Party we wish to form the Government and the PM all at the same time. Does your system work in the same way, or is the election of the President separate from the elections to Senate / Congress.

Forgive my obvious ignorance, I quite enjoy it sometimes. It allows me to be unencumbered by facts. Which I find useful on occasion.
    I&#39;m not sure what your asking, J&#39;Pol.

We vote for whichever individual we want for whatever office is being contested, regardless of party.

One can vote the straight party line, of course, but as I said, there are (generally) usually two choices for any seat or office.

In November, we will be voting to fill State and Federal Congressional and Senatorial seats as well as the Presidential contest; also any number of state referendums, State Supreme Court seats, State College boards, etc.

Lots of stuff.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by Busyman@11 August 2004 - 19:17

We wouldn&#39;t even be talking about Kerry if Dean hadn&#39;t "wigged out" a little in (I think) Iowa.

Kerry is a propped up Democratic candidate; someone "chosen after the culling" to beat Bush.

I&#39;m sorry, B, but I just find odd the quandary one must find oneself in to feel compelled to vote for someone like Kerry merely to be rid of an incumbent.

Three questions:

1) Are you of the opinion that Bush was drafted to run?

2) Would you have voted for Dean?

3) In what sense do you regard Kerry as "propped-up"?

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@11 August 2004 - 21:45
    You find what useful? Facts or being unencumbered?

the word unencumbered has always sounded kinky to me...

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by j2k4+11 August 2004 - 21:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 11 August 2004 - 21:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@11 August 2004 - 19:17

I&#39;m sorry, B, but I just find odd the quandary one must find oneself in to feel compelled to vote for someone like Kerry merely to be rid of an incumbent.

Three questions:

1) Are you of the opinion that Bush was drafted to run?

2) Would you have voted for Dean?

3) In what sense do you regard Kerry as "propped-up"? [/b][/quote]
    No j2, the majority want a change....even if it&#39;s John Kerry. My mother wanted to tell me how good John Kerry is about this and that and I had tell her, "Make no mistake, I don&#39;t think he&#39;s this great guy or something. I just think he would be better than Bush.

You see with Bush, it seems like he hasn&#39;t learned anything (RIF) the last four years. We&#39;d continue with same crap, domestic and foreign, that we&#39;ve had.
    Once re-elected, another re-election would not help keep him in check for he would be in his last term.
    Kerry, on the other hand, would really be on pins and needles or face an incumbent defeat in 2008.....that is if he doesn&#39;t turn into a wooden statue first.

1. No, but it was convenient. Clinton, who was vastly popular, couldn&#39;t run again. What better timing. Bush wasn&#39;t drafted but "attributes" make a candidate attractive. Bush&#39;s name was one. Kerry&#39;s military service record is another.

2. Most likely. I like Edwards also. He&#39;s a very good choice (now) for VP.

3. Once we arrive at the Dem or Republican candidates, they are both propped up. Before Dean wigged out, I heard little mention of Kerry as the front runner; especially with his stance on the war differing from most of the Democrats.

We get the Conventions which are a big ball sucking festival. I watched Clinton talk and that was it.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast