Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Video Documents Kerry Flip Flops

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Busyman@12 August 2004 - 09:01
    1. No, but it was convenient. Clinton, who was vastly popular, couldn't run again. What better timing. Bush wasn't drafted but "attributes" make a candidate attractive. Bush's name was one. Kerry's military service record is another.

2. Most likely. I like Edwards also. He's a very good choice (now) for VP.

3. Once we arrive at the Dem or Republican candidates, they are both propped up. Before Dean wigged out, I heard little mention of Kerry as the front runner; especially with his stance on the war differing from most of the Democrats.

We get the Conventions which are a big ball sucking festival. I watched Clinton talk and that was it.
    1) Bush was much-admired for the job he did in Texas, but yes, the name certainly did lend to his viablity.

He didn't start as one of my faves, and he still isn't, but I feel that 9/11 changed the landscape to an extent none of us will be able to gauge with any degree of accuracy for years to come.

I see Kerry as a pre-9/11 business-as-usual type of Democrat, with nothing more than a nodding acquiescence to the current circumstances; he seems to think that "Tried and True" methodologies will carry the day for the U.S.

I don't agree.

2) Dean is an idiot.

If he had become the candidate, I think the Republican landslide would out outpaced Reagan's 1984 win over Mondale.

Edwards speaks well, which I attribute to his legal training and experience, however, I would urge you to pay very close attention to any forthcoming debates between he and Mr. Cheney.

Edwards is gonna get smoked.

3) Kerry would have risen to the top of the Democrat heap sooner or later; it happened sooner due to the Dean scream.

As to the conventions, I agree totally, however I will watch the Republican convention 'cuz I'm shopping candidates for -08.

Mitt Romney looks good from here, but time will tell.

You never know; maybe Jeb Bush will run.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Cant stand any "videos" that dont give the full interviews and answers, its so easy to get things taken out of context

J2K4,

1) Bush was much-admired for the job he did in Texas
    I'd heard he'd done a job on Texas, but im a little sketchy on the details...

Which job are you refering to?

The Corruption in the Texas Housing Agency;
    The lapses of the Defence Attorneys not being taken into account to suspend executions;
    The "Texas Miracle" in education which didnt happen when comparing the scores nationally;
    The "Care Reforms" (HMO's) that he gave patients more Rights...which he actually slowed down as much as possible (he could have signed in 1995, and he still vetoed the Right to sue the organisations in question);
    The "Tort changes" which were supposed to save Texans millions in insurance premiums but which the companies were allowed to keep for themselves;
    Forcing Prisoners to accept Christ before being considered for parole (One of the prisons was "church"24/7);
    The failure to find a permanent solution to school funding after abolishing the local school property tax before actually having something to replace the lost revenue in place;
    The fact that he virually stopped rehabilitation for Juveniles and instead increased the punishments drastically (something psychologists have suggested is storing big trouble for later);
    The fact that 25% of Texas children in 1999 had no Health Insurance (Only Arizona had a larger proportion) and he TURNED DOWN Federal Money that was there for the asking to participate in CHIP (He limited the earnings limit from 200% of the poverty limit to 150% of poverty limit..excluding 200,000 children..how "Compassionate" is that?);

Do I have to menton the Environment?

Yep, he sure did a Job on Texas

Maybe we should drag CornerPocket in here kicking and screaming to find out which "Side" speaks with forked tongue, he's a Texan....although I have no idea as to his politics

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Originally posted by j2k4@12 August 2004 - 12:41
    You never know; maybe Jeb Bush will run.
    they could always dig up Neil Bush. much admired for the job he did on Silverado Savings & Loan. there sure are a lot of Bushes out there. a Bush for every occasion, you might say.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@12 August 2004 - 16:57
    I'd heard he'd done a job on Texas, but im a little sketchy on the details...

The lapses of the Defence Attorneys not being taken into account to suspend executions;
    The "Texas Miracle" in education which didnt happen when comparing the scores nationally;
    The "Care Reforms" (HMO's) that he gave patients more Rights...which he actually slowed down as much as possible (he could have signed in 1995, and he still vetoed the Right to sue the organisations in question);
    The "Tort changes" which were supposed to save Texans millions in insurance premiums but which the companies were allowed to keep for themselves;
    Forcing Prisoners to accept Christ before being considered for parole (One of the prisons was "church"24/7);
    The failure to find a permanent solution to school funding after abolishing the local school property tax before actually having something to replace the lost revenue in place;
    The fact that he virually stopped rehabilitation for Juveniles and instead increased the punishments drastically (something psychologists have suggested is storing big trouble for later);
    The fact that 25% of Texas children in 1999 had no Health Insurance (Only Arizona had a larger proportion) and he TURNED DOWN Federal Money that was there for the asking to participate in CHIP (He limited the earnings limit from 200% of the poverty limit to 150% of poverty limit..excluding 200,000 children..how "Compassionate" is that?);

Rat-

I love you like a rock, man, but you are guilty of some of the most egregiously indiscriminate googling in aid of your hatred for Bush.....
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by j2k4+12 August 2004 - 21:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 &#064; 12 August 2004 - 21:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@12 August 2004 - 16:57
    I&#39;d heard he&#39;d done a job on Texas, but im a little sketchy on the details...

The "Care Reforms" (HMO&#39;s) that he gave patients more Rights...which he actually slowed down as much as possible (he could have signed in 1995, and he still vetoed the Right to sue the organisations in question);

Rat-

I love you like a rock, man, but you are guilty of some of the most egregiously indiscriminate googling in aid of your hatred for Bush..... [/b][/quote]
    Ahhh, but is it true or not?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Originally posted by Busyman+12 August 2004 - 20:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 12 August 2004 - 20:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by j2k4@12 August 2004 - 21:06
    <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced
    @12 August 2004 - 16:57
    I&#39;d heard he&#39;d done a job on Texas, but im a little sketchy on the details...

The "Care Reforms" (HMO&#39;s) that he gave patients more Rights...which he actually slowed down as much as possible (he could have signed in 1995, and he still vetoed the Right to sue the organisations in question);

Rat-

I love you like a rock, man, but you are guilty of some of the most egregiously indiscriminate googling in aid of your hatred for Bush.....
    Ahhh, but is it true or not? [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t be naive, B-

It&#39;s a point-of-view thing, as well you know.

For example:

I wonder if you see the soft bigotry of affirmative action in education; quotas and such?

The fallacy of the NEA, and how it harms blacks?

Are you in favor of school vouchers?

Night, now.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by j2k4@12 August 2004 - 22:23
    I wonder if you see the soft bigotry of affirmative action in education; quotas and such?

Night, now.
    1. Yes

2. I assume your&#39;re talking about The National Education Association. Please expound on the fallacy.

3. Yes but what happens to traditional public schools?
    Do children get "left behind" that still can&#39;t afford private schools even with their earmarked money?
    Is this a slick move to privatize public schools or eventually get rid off them all together?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by j2k4+13 August 2004 - 01:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 13 August 2004 - 01:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@12 August 2004 - 16:57

Rat-

I love you like a rock, man, but you are guilty of some of the most egregiously indiscriminate googling in aid of your hatred for Bush..... [/b][/quote]
    Actually there wasnt a great deal of "Googling" in there...I will if you want.

All those stories came from 2 sources:

The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post in the years 1999 - 2000

Im sure you&#39;ll agree at least one of those is not "Liberally Biased"...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Originally posted by Busyman+13 August 2004 - 06:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 13 August 2004 - 06:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@12 August 2004 - 22:23

Night, now.
    1. Yes

2. I assume your&#39;re talking about The National Education Association. Please expound on the fallacy.

3. Yes but what happens to traditional public schools?
    Do children get "left behind" that still can&#39;t afford private schools even with their earmarked money?
    Is this a slick move to privatize public schools or eventually get rid off them all together?[/b][/quote]
    Actually, I think I can tie 2 and 3 together in the interest of brevity; I&#39;m a bit screwed for time this morning.

The NEA has an attitude of "There&#39;s nothing we can&#39;t accomplish with more money.

If anybody starts in on standardized testing for teachers, the NEA goes into rhetorical overdrive in order to paint their members as beyond reproach.

They are so solidly tied politically to the Democrats that they have almost complete control of the party platform.

Why in the world would the NEA have an official stance on "Family Planning"? Abortion? Gun Control? Feminism?

These things are a little out of their proper purview, which is, if I remember, education.

As to vouchers, there have been a variety of formulations, but the ones most often sought have been (financially) to give the parents a choice between a voucher or P.S. attendence.

The amount of the voucher is on a par with the cost of private schooling, which is in most cases cheaper than public schooling.

The value of vouchered (private) schooling as opposed to public schooling is beyond debate.

The NEA, of course, does all it can to forestall the voucher system because it represents a threat to the survival of the failing and bloated public system.

What would happen to the public system, you ask?

It would suffer the slings and arrows of healthy competition; that is to say, it would learn to compete, or it would die.

No great loss, if that were to happen.

And before anyone cries that private schooling is more expensive, do some research before you reply.

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123