Thread: What About Colinux?

ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    CoLinux is a wonderful tool for running Linux under Windows; it allows you to run a full-fledged Linux computer with no extra partitions, inside Windows.
    I downloaded a coLinux - Pre Built Bundle it installed very easy just followed the instructions on the site,took longer to download than to install

CoLinux works inside of Windows no partitioning just extract then run the installer,the
    bundle I used contained Debian,a very popular Linux I've heard

Couldn't get it to dial-out though, ain't spent much time on it probably something obvious I missed

CoLinux looks like it could "be a contender" it is really very easy to install

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Looks interesting.. Might try this one out. Thanks.
    Originally posted by ZaZu
    Couldn't get it to dial-out though, ain't spent much time on it probably something obvious I missed
    Uh oh... On dialup?
    Sounds like you got caught with a winmodem.
    Read the cons section... you'll see what I mean.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    No I have ADSL what I meant is I couldn't get the TAP-Win32 Adapter to connect it works (in "status" I can see that it is sending/recieving) I just couldn't get coLinux to "ping" anything except my own IP

I'm sure if I spend more time at it I'll probable will get it to work

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --