Thread: My Fan Is On Slow...

Poster
    I got a really big problem here. For some reason whenever i do more than once thing at once like download + playing games + and some other stuff, my computer can't handle it because a message from system tray pop up telling me that the temperature is too high. i checked and i saw it was at 65oC. This is happening more often now. When I waited for an hour before turning my computer back on, I went to check out my fan and saw it was on slow. does anyone know how to make the fan spin faster or make it on normal speed so when it's hot, it knows what to do so it can process more...thanks for any help or tips.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Do you have a brand named computer or did you build it yourself
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    the band is mdg which is brought ffrom store.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Which fan is going slow? The CPU fan?

If the fan seems to be slow and changes speeds then the fan is probably faulty. Replace it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Try opening up your case (if your not scared of voiding warrenty) and taking a can of compressed air and blowing out all the dust, that can usually cause the fans to be able to spin more efficiently and lower temps a lot.
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@11 August 2004 - 12:30
    Which fan is going slow? The CPU fan?

If the fan seems to be slow and changes speeds then the fan is probably faulty. Replace it.
    Yes the cup fan. This computer is only 3 months old lmao. Is their any way like to change the speed?

I don't think it has dust...It still running normally, but when I try to burn a cd, watch something then the fan get screw.