Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wooden Case?

bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Is it really neccesary to screw them in? They hold in pretty good just being pluged in.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@15 August 2004 - 19:40
    Is it really neccesary to screw them in? They hold in pretty good just being pluged in.
    The first time one falls out, and blows the card and the mobo, you will change your mind. It will happen with something silly like brushing against the monitor lead or better still pulling another lead which happens to have wrapped itself round the monitor lead.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by lynx+15 August 2004 - 14:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 15 August 2004 - 14:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigdawgfoxx@15 August 2004 - 19:40
    Is it really neccesary to screw them in?&nbsp; They hold in pretty good just being pluged in.
    The first time one falls out, and blows the card and the mobo, you will change your mind. It will happen with something silly like brushing against the monitor lead or better still pulling another lead which happens to have wrapped itself round the monitor lead. [/b][/quote]
    i jsut did that about half an hour ago cause im moving back up to my room and all it did was make my computer go all funny looking then i restarted and it fixed itself.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+15 August 2004 - 13:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 15 August 2004 - 13:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by lynx@15 August 2004 - 14:31
    <!--QuoteBegin-bigdawgfoxx
    @15 August 2004 - 19:40
    Is it really neccesary to screw them in?&nbsp; They hold in pretty good just being pluged in.

The first time one falls out, and blows the card and the mobo, you will change your mind. It will happen with something silly like brushing against the monitor lead or better still pulling another lead which happens to have wrapped itself round the monitor lead.
    i jsut did that about half an hour ago cause im moving back up to my room and all it did was make my computer go all funny looking then i restarted and it fixed itself. [/b][/quote]
    So you got lucky...wanna try that again?

I&#39;m not sure that Mattesca wants to play the lottery with his high zoot 9800XT card.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by clocker+15 August 2004 - 19:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 15 August 2004 - 19:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@15 August 2004 - 13:44
    Originally posted by lynx@15 August 2004 - 14:31
    <!--QuoteBegin-bigdawgfoxx
    @15 August 2004 - 19:40

i jsut did that about half an hour ago cause im moving back up to my room and all it did was make my computer go all funny looking then i restarted and it fixed itself.
    So you got lucky...wanna try that again?

I&#39;m not sure that Mattesca wants to play the lottery with his high zoot 9800XT card. [/b][/quote]
    i wasn&#39;t disagreeing with lynx if that&#39;s what u think.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Oh.

I don&#39;t think much, Ross....it slows down my posting.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Is no one here worried about EM interference? There will be no longer a metal case to shield all that comming from the computer. :

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    And what exactly is that? lol...there will be a motherboard mount thats metal but thats about it.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@15 August 2004 - 20:54
    And what exactly is that? lol...there will be a motherboard mount thats metal but thats about it.
    Electro magnetic interferance. besides that I also have no fuckin clue what it means.
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    this is a guess but i think it would let off magnetics like a speaker (unshielded) does...meaning if next to a monitor it will make it go funny colors, and interfere with other electronics as well.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast