Thread: 200+ User

Poster
    I was looking for a song and i saw 200 and something users. When I click on download this song, it says more source needed...wtf :helpsmile: . 200 users and i still can't connect to anyone? Is this some kind of bug? Oh yeah I'm using kazaa lite 2.4.5.3.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by Skydragon@10 August 2004 - 11:40
    I was looking for a song and i saw 200 and something users. When I click on download this song, it says more source needed...wtf :helpsmile: . 200 users and i still can't connect to anyone? Is this some kind of bug? Oh yeah I'm using kazaa lite 2.4.5.3.
    it's not a bug, it's a feature. . .
    the built in IP blocker will block connections to most known fake file servers.

But, if it does that with every kind of file you might have firewall/router SP2 issues.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Either that or Kazaa's experimental Kazaa Lite blockers are no longer so experimental.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    I know what you're talking about, i've seen it and what i noticed is that K-Lite sometimes ignores existing sources. I had a slow download so i removed the slow source with K-Dat. The download refused to do anything exept "Searching" and "More Sources Needed", even though there were about 20 sources left. My solution was another search for this file from a diffrent SuperNode and merging sources. Everything went well after that.

@Switeck: Anything new to the issue or old: 2.6 based SN's not connecting old/modified KMD/K-Lite ?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Autumn Fox@11 August 2004 - 18:03
    @Switeck: Anything new to the issue or old: 2.6 based SN's not connecting old/modified KMD/K-Lite ?
    If it's occuring, it's the newest official Kazaa clients won't upload to Kazaa Lite clients. Kazaa Lite is probably still getting sources -- like the 200+ found by the person here for something -- it's just not able to DOWNLOAD from any of them.

This is just a theory of mine, so do some more research before you take it as anything vaguely resembling fact.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Well, yeah as i described above, but i have no way of identifing what thoes users are running