Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bypass Linksys Password...

silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I wan't to forward my ports for Bittorent but when I enter my IP address to get access my router I get this screen Image Resized
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/HardcoreGamer/routerscreen.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> I type in admin, the default password for linksys routers and press OK. Then I get the same screen again, so I type admin as the password and press OK another time and once again get that @%$^# screen again and type admin as the password for the router for the last time and come to this screen Image Resized
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/HardcoreGamer/routerscreen2.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>. I think my dad changed the password or is there something else wrong? If my dad did change the password how do I access the router screen correctly without a password? :helpsmile:

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Ive got a NETGEAR router and had the same problem i just checked on the NETGEAR site to see how to do a complete reset Of the router back to defualt settings.Once that was done i could login with the defualt username and pass.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Originally posted by mofos@11 August 2004 - 23:54
    Ive got a NETGEAR router and had the same problem i just checked on the NETGEAR site to see how to do a complete reset Of the router back to defualt settings.Once that was done i could login with the defualt username and pass.
    Yea, I heard of that but the router is in a locked office so...I guess I don't have that option. I don't wan't to break in the office cause if my dad finds out i'm fucked (no more internet )

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Why not just ask your dad for the password?

There is also a good guide on seting up your router using UPnP here.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    well, i'm assuming its locked up for a reason. If you did do a reset (of the password), all router settings would reset too, and you'd have to fix those as well. Best bet is asking for the password or trying to guess what it is.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Originally posted by mojo2185@13 August 2004 - 13:01
    well, i'm assuming its locked up for a reason. If you did do a reset (of the password), all router settings would reset too, and you'd have to fix those as well. Best bet is asking for the password or trying to guess what it is.
    Thx for the suggestions.
    Btw,I like ur site. Did you make that Southpark movie by yourself?

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    he's probably downloading from bit torrent himself and wants all the bandwith!!!!
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Btw,I like ur site. Did you make that Southpark movie by yourself?
    Thanks. Yes I did.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Originally posted by slim150@16 August 2004 - 00:40
    he's probably downloading from bit torrent himself and wants all the bandwith!!!!
    Hahaha
    Probably I hate my dad.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Reset the router. Works for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast