Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buying This Dvdrw.

Poster
    i was told not to get a dual layer dvd-rw. there arent much use for them now and the firmware and crap can be a btich. tat is wat i was told from a friend. i would suggest getting a single layer burner for now, i just bought a brand new pioneer dvd-rw and it works like a charm.
    can i just ask if any of this is true. Coz 8.5GB sounds a lot better than 4.7. Has anyone else heard of these firmware problems?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by browser@15 August 2004 - 10:34
    i was told not to get a dual layer dvd-rw. there arent much use for them now and the firmware and crap can be a btich. tat is wat i was told from a friend. i would suggest getting a single layer burner for now, i just bought a brand new pioneer dvd-rw and it works like a charm.
    can i just ask if any of this is true. Coz 8.5GB sounds a lot better than 4.7. Has anyone else heard of these firmware problems?
    i believe you can do a firmware hack on some nec burners to get dual layer out of a single layer. but according to nec, it's not recommended. it worked though. check some newegg reviews

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123