Thread: Wireless Lan Troubles

Ok I was prity sure this was not goin to go smooth. I have a Linksys Wireless -802.11G/b Broadband router with 2 PC computers with Linksys Wireless 802.11G PCI cards and 1 Laptop with integrated wirless 802.11b. I can get the router set up sharing internet from one of the computers with a PCI network card and that can be accessed from all the computers except the laptop . It can access all network resources files printers gaming but i cant get the thing to access the shared internet connection. I am using Windows ME on the laptop and XP on the other machines. I use all the same options for the laptop but it just shows a Server or DNS server cannot be found.
    The settings i used are TCP/IP using DNS server and gateway on 192.168.1.110 and this works on all computers except the laptop.
    I understand this may be a software issue but i felt it to be more a hardware due to the network but if i posted this in the wrong place please me it.
    Thanks again
    JOHAN
    ~-~J~0~H~4~N~-~

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thanks Cygnuz-Y but ive been through that apge as i did a bit of googling before posting but i doesnt seem to hold the answer im looking for. .
    Thanks anyway really appreciated B)

Back to square one anyone? :helpsmile:
    JOHAN
    ~-~J~0~H~4~N~-~

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    upgrade to xp if the laptop can take it, if not use 2000, 9x is crap. i had loads of problems with me on a wireless network.