Thread: Problems With Movie Audio

Ok I downloaded this movie with extension .mkv, the resolution and quality is perfect but there is not audio and I have this message everytime I open the player to watch the movies

Media Player classic could not render some pins on the graph, you may not have the needed codecs or filters install on your system

Stream 1

Media Type 0:
    --------------------------
    AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
    majortype: MEDIATYPE_Audio {73647561-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
    subtype: Unknown GUID Name {8D2FD10B-5841-4A6B-8905-588FEC1ADED9}
    formattype: Unknown GUID Name {B36E107F-A938-4387-93C7-55E966757473}
    bFixedSizeSamples: 1
    bTemporalCompression: 0
    lSampleSize: 1
    cbFormat: 4014

Media Type 1:
    --------------------------
    AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
    majortype: MEDIATYPE_Audio {73647561-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
    subtype: Unknown GUID Name {CDDCA2D5-6D75-4F98-840E-737BEDD5C63B}
    formattype: Unknown GUID Name {6BDDFA7E-9F22-46A9-AB5E-884EFF294D9F}
    bFixedSizeSamples: 1
    bTemporalCompression: 0
    lSampleSize: 1
    cbFormat: 24

can anyone help me please.

thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    Originally posted by pattysan@13 August 2004 - 08:08
    Media Player classic could not render some pins on the graph, you may not have the needed codecs or filters install on your system
    There's your problem. Download the kl codec pack and your problem should be sorted.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Download Mkvtoolnix install find where it went then hit "mmg" to open, find your movie "add" it this will tell you the video/audio within the file, if you then post back people may be able to help OR you may be albe to find your own codecs then
    If you download the MPlayer it will play it BUT this is a "dos" program anyway have a look at this site.

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolni...downloadinstall

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    OK let me see if I understood, what I need to do is Download and installation this three components of a recent version of MPlayer (one of the 1.0pre versions or, preferably, the current CVS version): the Matroska library, my tools and a player supporting Matroska files

When gettign the latest version of MPlayer I need to unstill the old version first right?.

I will try it, thanks again I'll post my rsults here thanks again.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Downloading this free app can check to see which codecs you have installed and if you have the 1's u need, then you can just find the codec u want rather than loads u might not.
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    OK let me see if I understood, what I need to do is Download and installation this three components of a recent version of MPlayer (one of the 1.0pre versions or, preferably, the current CVS version): the Matroska library, my tools and a player supporting Matroska files

When gettign the latest version of MPlayer I need to unstill the old version first right?.
    Correct install the old one THEN install the new one you DON'T have to uninstall, first just get Mkvtoolnix first this will give you the files you have in your mkv container the site does say vidoelan *leastest" will play them but I have never had any joy this way.

Sorry keyser_soze GSpot won't work tried all that before I found the other program my mkv as rm40 video and ogg audio can't say about the other persons.