Thread: Scanner Software Won't Install

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I try to install my scanner software, latest one available from hp (scanner is a HP scanjet 3200c).
    I manage to install the driver manually but that takes me nowhere as i need software. when i try the software, on ANY of my computers, including after redownloading it, i get this error:
    Image Resized
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/rossco_2004/whyohwhy.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

only thing i can think of is the fact that i've never tried installing the software after installing SP2.
    problem is i slipstreamed sp2 into my xp cd last night, and installed to ALL of my computers this morning...scanner can't be used on any of them and my dad needs me to scan some receipt before he mails it.

what do u guys suggest? can i use other scanner software or does it need to be hp's?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I guess you can. You can always use photoshop or even MS paint to scan documents as pictures.

Have you tryed other version of that software? Maybe there newer version out now? B)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@13 August 2004 - 16:27
    I guess you can. You can always use photoshop or even MS paint to scan documents as pictures.

Have you tryed other version of that software? Maybe there newer version out now? B)
    Or a driver update from HP ? Scary, isn 't mabye I'll wait to update .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    nahh the scanners old. last update was in 2002 and that was an update to make the software install on xp, that's all.
    i bouhgt it in 1998.

how do i use photoshop or paint to scan an image?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    maskawaih's Avatar Custom User Title BT Rep: +3
    File > Import > (choose your scanner)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by maskawaih@13 August 2004 - 21:41
    File > Import > (choose your scanner)
    thanks, chewieuk also told me to do this over msn earilier, but it isn't listed there.

i think the only way iot will work is to use the software...i've even found a few different scan drivers on the net but none support my scanner.

tommorrow i might try downloading the driver for some other scanner and see if that works.