Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Not Play On Avi Preview Or Theatre

Poster
    Hi,

I just got a new computer and it has Windows XP installed - I have so many codecs installed but still cannot play the file I just downloaded on Kazaa: Shrek.2.FS.DVDRiP.XviD-BRUTUS
    I get a window saying it is not an a recognisible file but as far as I know this is the real Shrek 2

can anybody help please?

thanks

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    david622's Avatar Procrastinator
    Do you have the codec pack on this site?

Also, you don't list the file type. Is it an AVI, MPG, WMV...??

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    I have the codec pack from Kazaa - I do not know the extension...I list the files in explorer with the "details" option but it does not show anything more than Shrek.2.FS.DVDRiP.XviD-BRUTUS - when downloading I thought it was an avi file

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    VLC (videolan) is a very good free media player, this should play your movie
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by mam@14 August 2004 - 00:55
    I have the codec pack from Kazaa - I do not know the extension...I list the files in explorer with the "details" option but it does not show anything more than Shrek.2.FS.DVDRiP.XviD-BRUTUS - when downloading I thought it was an avi file
    To show file extensions

open a folder
    Tools > folder options > view
    uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    thank you for your help.
    I downloaded the vlc player but it still cannot open the...now confirmed avi file (unticked the box and can see it is an avi file now).

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    if I open the file with Gspot it seams not to be an avi file - but this is a file posted by IKE as new release from Brutus

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Originally posted by mam@14 August 2004 - 01:49
    if I open the file with Gspot it seams not to be an avi file - but this is a file posted by IKE as new release from Brutus
    This is the shrek 2 FS Brutus version, which is complete and tested working (I've downloaded it myself)

https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showt...dpost&p=1067384

if you use kazaa, files quite often get corrupted while you are downloading

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster
    I am trying to re-download it but again when trying to preview it it does not work. Downloading other movies but they do work.
    I guess it is a sign I am not supposed to download shrek 2

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster
    Ok try this copy your Shrek2.avi and paste it in the same folder if you want rename it to whatever something like Shrek2-Preview.avi now go to google and search for a program called DivFix110 now download this program and unzip it. Run the program untick keep original file and click Add Files. Now click on your copy and hit rebuild index. Now go to your copy and it should play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast