Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is The Worst Pain Youve Ever Felt?

Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    thats one thing i never hope to have.. apendicitis ewwww
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+14 August 2004 - 13:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 14 August 2004 - 13:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Azzz@14 August 2004 - 15:05
    <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol
    @14 August 2004 - 13:02
    I have broken bones in both my hand and my foot, as well as a rib.

However the worst feeling I have ever had was Viral Labyrithitis. The main symptom of which for me was an incredible feeling of nausea and dizziness. Imagine being on the worst Waltzer ever and it lasting for ages, then walkng of. That is the feeling you get but all of the time.

There is no treatment it just sort of fixes itself. Effectively what happens is the brain just learns to ignore the ear which is sending the duff signal and learns to cope with just one.

http://www.vestibular.org/labyrin.html

You can get drugs to ease the symptoms, but the best thing to do is not take them, so that the brain will adapt. It needs you to feel really sick in order for it to learn to use just one signal.

never heard of that before but doesnt sound to pleasant, how long did you have to suffer this for?
    The worst of it was about two days, then it graually sorted itself over about a week.

However I still get the occasional feeling but it&#39;s quite mild.

It effects people in different ways. Sometimes I get dizzy at heights, sometimes I don&#39;t. Sometimes I just get dizzy for a few seconds, you can&#39;t really predict it.

One chap I know is set off by the formica in public toilets, it just makes him really dizzy, ever since he had the condition. [/b][/quote]
    did that make it hard to get to sleep, i can imagine it being hard when your head is spinning

3. Lounge   -   #53
    getting sprayed with liquid nitrogen to remove a wart on my foot, hurt like a biotch
    -TiMz

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Poster
    Originally posted by Azzz+14 August 2004 - 15:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 14 August 2004 - 15:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@14 August 2004 - 13:17
    Originally posted by Azzz@14 August 2004 - 15:05
    <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol
    @14 August 2004 - 13:02
    I have broken bones in both my hand and my foot, as well as a rib.

However the worst feeling I have ever had was Viral Labyrithitis. The main symptom of which for me was an incredible feeling of nausea and dizziness. Imagine being on the worst Waltzer ever and it lasting for ages, then walkng of. That is the feeling you get but all of the time.

There is no treatment it just sort of fixes itself. Effectively what happens is the brain just learns to ignore the ear which is sending the duff signal and learns to cope with just one.

http://www.vestibular.org/labyrin.html

You can get drugs to ease the symptoms, but the best thing to do is not take them, so that the brain will adapt. It needs you to feel really sick in order for it to learn to use just one signal.

never heard of that before but doesnt sound to pleasant, how long did you have to suffer this for?

The worst of it was about two days, then it graually sorted itself over about a week.

However I still get the occasional feeling but it&#39;s quite mild.

It effects people in different ways. Sometimes I get dizzy at heights, sometimes I don&#39;t. Sometimes I just get dizzy for a few seconds, you can&#39;t really predict it.

One chap I know is set off by the formica in public toilets, it just makes him really dizzy, ever since he had the condition.
    did that make it hard to get to sleep, i can imagine it being hard when your head is spinning [/b][/quote]
    The whole room spins mate, but it&#39;s nowhere near as bad when lying down, coz you don&#39;t need to balance.

5. Lounge   -   #55
    Originally posted by Timz@14 August 2004 - 13:30
    getting sprayed with liquid nitrogen to remove a wart on my foot, hurt like a biotch
    ahhh nasty

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Want me to inflict some more? &#39;cos I&#39;d be happy to help.

7. Lounge   -   #57
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    I was in agony for the last 40 mins of Lord of the rings - return of the king. I was dying to go for a piss, been drinking too much coke in the cinema and felt such extreme pain, but wanted to watch the end of the film.

The damn film just dragged on and on, at the end i could hardly stand up because of the excruciating pain. I honestly felt my bladder would explode but thankfully i managed to hold it in till the end
    Robert00000

8. Lounge   -   #58
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by SnnY@14 August 2004 - 16:54
    Into the old macho sadism now, are we, Snny? I could lend you a whip.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by bigboab+14 August 2004 - 19:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 14 August 2004 - 19:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SnnY@14 August 2004 - 16:54
    Into the old macho sadism now, are we, Snny? I could lend you a whip. [/b][/quote]
    Lets just say that I intended that statement exclusively for the individual it was intended for.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I&#39;m kinda from the BigBoab (welcome back, BTW) school of aches and pains, though I&#39;ve managed largely to skate on the stitches.

I&#39;ll try to describe one of my adventures:

I was helping a friend rehabilitate an old building as a sort of camp, on Lake Michigan, but in the middle of nowhere; nearest road was about 15 miles away, and we brought all the materials in by boat.

One fellow was building a rough septic tank right next to the house, about 5 feet from the eave.

I was pouring sidewalks, and was coming around the corner and going between the house and the septic tank (concrete blocks, in this case; about 4x6 feet, and 6 feet deep) with a wheelbarrow of stone for my mix.

One of the fellows shingling the roof yelled "HEADS UP&#33;&#33;" just in time for me to see two bundles of shingles (about 150 lbs.), which hit me in the head and knocked me into the empty septic tank; I hit the opposite side of the blockwork, caving in my ribcage, dislocating my shoulder, puncturing a lung, and giving me a nice concussion.

This was followed by the wheelbarrow (and probably 350 lbs of stone) falling in on top of me, followed further by 2 more bundles of shingles.

My mates fished me out of the hole as gingerly as they could, and treated me to a nice, leisurely boatride to town and the hospital.

I was back a month later to help them finish the cabin.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast