Thread: Hhd Shacking

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Just bought A 120Gb maxtor 7200Rpm
    its kinda shaking when i copy something or runing diskkeeper and sometimes when booting up, ist normal? i tried scandisk but no problem was found, is there any better app to check if there r any bad sectors.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Does it make an awful noise or do you see it shaking? I have both a 80 & 120 Maxtor and no weird noises here.

When it doubt, exchange it or get another brand.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    a normal HDD loading sound but when i touch my case i can feel its shacking(little), but as i told u only when am copying something or runing diskkeepr it shackes.
    another HDD with One screw is placed there(Unplugged) can that be the shacking reason.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    I don't think that's a problem.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@14 August 2004 - 16:48
    a normal HDD loading sound but when i touch my case i can feel its shacking(little), but as i told u only when am copying something or runing diskkeepr it shackes.
    another HDD with One screw is placed there(Unplugged) can that be the shacking reason.
    well, u should have all the things in ur computer secure...although i have had a harddrive dangle by one screw and all that did was make it shake if i physically moved the computer or something.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Twist3r
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+14 August 2004 - 23:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 14 August 2004 - 23:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bawa@Klite_user@14 August 2004 - 16:48
    well, u should have all the things in ur computer secure...although i have had a harddrive dangle by one screw and all that did was make it shake if i physically moved the computer or something. [/b][/quote]
    hahaha my western digital is haning by 1 screw too
    if it fell it would only fall a half inch on to my other hard drive

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Twister+14 August 2004 - 19:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Twister @ 14 August 2004 - 19:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@14 August 2004 - 23:28
    <!--QuoteBegin-bawa@Klite_user
    @14 August 2004 - 16:48

well, u should have all the things in ur computer secure...although i have had a harddrive dangle by one screw and all that did was make it shake if i physically moved the computer or something.
    hahaha my western digital is haning by 1 screw too
    if it fell it would only fall a half inch on to my other hard drive [/b][/quote]
    mine is held in by four screws now.

bgut before when i had it in it would have fallen on my dvd drive.